One

Marlene smiled as she sat reading a book. Carl walked over to her and sat down beside her. "Where's your mother, Carl?" She asked him.

"Same place as always." Carl tells her. "How's the baby?"

"Kicking." She responds as Carl placed his hand on the bump and smiled. "I don't mind watching you, Carl, but your mother shouldn't be sneaking off doing god knows what."

"She said she was going to look for berries this time." He tells her.

Marlene shook her head as she knew Lori was gone to screw Shane. She looked at Carl and smiled as she laid the book down. "Tell me the story of your father again, Carl. I like hearing it."

"Okay."
~~~
Later that evening, sun was starting to go down and some of the group was worried because of their loved ones haven't came back yet. Till the sound of an alarm caught everyone's attention.

Marlene stood with Amy as she waited for the others to come back. When the car came to a stop, Marlene smiled as she saw Glenn, but saw a white van and smiled. "Andrea!"

Marlene smiled as she put her hand on the baby bump. Carl walked over to Marlene and hugged her. "I'm so sorry."

"I have you."

She smiled as they heard helicopter boy. Carl looked as did Marlene. "Dad?" Carl says.

"Go." Marlene tells him. "I'll be fine."

Carl ran to Rick and hugged him crying. Rick looked to see Lori walking over to him, but it took a while for her to move. He didn't know why, but he was sure going to find out.

"Marlene!" Carl called out as she was walking away.

"Who's Marlene?"

"My friend." Carl tells him. "And more like my mother."

Rick saw Carl run to a pregnant woman. She was beautiful. Lori saw Shane staring at her and motioned for her to come on. "Rick, I'm going to pick some berries for Marlene."

Rick nodded, but he knew to follow them. Once Lori disappeared Rick followed as he knew his suspicions before he went into the coma was going to be proven. Lori and Shane's affair.
~~~
Sometime that night, Marlene was wrapped in a blanket in her tent reading. Carl walked over upset that his mom and dad are fighting. "Marlene?"

"Yes, Carl, you can stay." She says as she opened the tent to see tears in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Dad is mad about mom and Shane. Said it's been going on since I was born."

Marlene hugged Carl as he cried. "You can stay with me all you want."

"Thanks..." Carl thought for a second and knew what to start calling Marlene. "Mom."
~~~
The next day, Rick got out of his tent to see Carl being teach by Marlene. He didn't see Lori nowhere's but he could careless. "Marlene?" she turned to look at him. "I'm Rick."

"Carl told me so much about you."

"How far along are you?" He asked.

"I would say six months. Wouldn't really know. I had just found out I was pregnant." She tells him. "Is everything okay? Carl came by crying."

"I ended things with Lori." He says. "For now, I'm going back for Merle."

"Okay, but why are you telling me."

"So Carl will know."

Marlene nodded as Rick kissed her head. He barely knows her and he does that. Marlene didn't know what to think as she went to Carl.

Marlene nodded. "Carl is safe with me." She tells him. "Be careful."

Rick nodded as he walked away. Marlene on the other hand sighed as her hormones were getting the best of her. Rick Grimes is the cause.