Chapter one: Matt's POV (The last night.)

Wow! Last night before Grom! I should probably get a new suit, my old teal-green one got worn out for trying the splits... god that was embarrassing. 

"Hey mom!" I shouted.

"Yes hon?" My mom asked.

"Can I get a new suit?"

"What happened to your old one, darling?" My mom responded, probably confused.

"Well... uh... you know how it was a little tight?"

"Yes darling, I was about to buy you a new one last year, but before I asked, you shouted "I'm late to be at Gus' house!" Atleast, I think I heard that." My mom said, probably doubting herself.

" I know Ma, but Gus dared me to try to do a split for 10 snails. And, well..."

"Your suit was ripped, wasn't it?" Mom responded, half holding in a laugh, the other half unimpressed.

"... Yeah... good thing Gus gave me an extra 10 because he felt a little bad for me, and that's how I left Grom early."

" Don't worry, I understand, now cmon, let's buy you a new suit." Mom said, probably excited because she wasn't a huge fan of that greenish suit. I agree, looked like the earth's ocean threw up on it, and not the "clean part", the part that's said to be filled with human trash.

Me and my mom went down to the store to find a nice suit. My older brother, Steve, decided to tag along, as he had a day off.

"Hon! Look at this one! I think it would look nice on you!" My mom said, happily.

"Sorry, Ma...Sure, it's super cool with the sequin-trim, but I'm not the highest fan of the color Orange." I responded.

"Hey bro! What about this!" Steve said, pointing to a formal, black and white suit.

"Steve, you've spent too long in the emperor's castle or whatever." I said, poking him with my elbow.

"Hey, not really all my fault, I just think it's cool!" Steve said, starting a laugh.

"What's your  favorite color again, Matt?" Steve asked.

"Well, probably Crimson, I don't really know."

"Well, I think I found one that you may like."  Steve said.

Steve whirled around, and showed me this super cool (And pretty, I'm not hiding that for titan's sake.) dark red suit with, my favorite, darkish trim. Sorry self conscious, I'm aware that I'm a fan of "pretty clothes", but I don't think trim would count as "handsome" so I just call it pretty.

"That looks so cool!" I say, it's weird, he's in a coven, but he still remembers what I like... at least, what he can remember.

"Agreed, I think it would look good on you, Matt!" My mom says, once again in her happy voice.

"Me too. We should probably buy this and head home, I'm still going over to Gus' house like we do every year before Grom." I say, after glancing at my watch.

"Is it that important bro?" Steve says to me. Sure, he hasn't been around much, but I'm slightly offended by it. 

"Oh Steve, he's being doing it every Grom for the past 4 years." Mom says.

"Wait, but didn't they have a small problem with the human society thingy?" Steve says, clearly confused.

"I apologized, it wasn't his fault, it was just because when I came back to Hexside, I was a little confused, and I felt like I needed to be strong, because it was, "Be strong or have no control." At Glandis.

My mom and brother just stared at me after I said that. Oh... that's why...  I forgot to tell them about Glandis. Well, I'll have to have a talk, I'm sure of it,

"Well, uhm... we still have to get home, I already paid, come on boys!" My mom said, trying to change the topic.

"I agree." I said.

We walked home, and I had to explain to Mom and Steve about Glandis.

"Oh titan! I didn't know, I'm sorry sweetie! I would have done something earlier but-"

"It's fine, Ma, I didn't tell you because then, you'd be worried!" I said, slightly interrupting her.

"I'm gonna get Belos, he'd know what to do, witches shouldn't be hurting other witches if not in a witches duel." Steve said. Woah- didn't think he can do that- but he probably wont listen, he has better things to do.

"It's fine, Steve. The Emperor has better to do, anyway." I said, hoping to shoo the conversation away."

"Alright. But if this happens again, I won't hesitate to get Belos."  Steve says, he seems to be sure about doing so.

Me and my family finally reached our house. I looked at my watch when I got inside.

"Phew! I have an hour to get packed before I head to Gus' place." I say, flopping down onto the couch before picking myself up again. 

30 minutes later Matt's mom walks in as he's working on shoving everything he has into his suitcase.

"Hey Matt!" Mom says as she suddenly busts in as I'm on a call with Gus.

"Oh...! Hey mom!" I say.

"Hi Matt's mom!" Gus says from the scroll.

"Hi Gus! What are you and Matt planning tonight?" Mom asks. I don't mind, she just wants to know what's going on.

"Well, Luz just figured out we've had our special sleepover day, so we invited Luz and her friends this time!" Gus says, joyful as always. 

"Wonderful! Hope you and your friends have fun!" Mom says.

Mom looks at my huge suitcase mess and helps me fit everything inside, as I normally have space, but I'm bringing some board games. Who knew folding helps. I start to zip up my suitcase, but my mom stops me.

"You forgot your camera and entry money, silly!" Mom says.

"Oops! Sorry Ma!" I say.

"It's okay! Atleast I was here to spot you." Mom says, smiling."

I looked at my watch once again.

 Oh titan! I'm late again! Why can't I ever ge this right?

"Sorry mom, but I have to go, I'm late again!" I say, grabbing my suitcase and putting on my shoes and heading out the door.

"Alright! See you later Matt!" Mom says, trying to catch me before I can leave.

"Love you mom! I shout, before speeding out of the house.

EXACTLY 1K WORDS.... I NEED A NAP.