two

Two.

[TW: counseling about trauma]

It took Boboiboy and Fang quite a while to find a proficient counselor for Lia since they both wanted to give her the best that she needs. Along with Leizel, they found Dr. Ayu, one of the best counselors in Kuala Lumpur.

It is Lia's first session and she is currently in a talk with her counselor. She is seated right across the professional, as tensed as ever. On the other hand, Dr. Ayu just smiled at her, "There's nothing to be nervous about, Lia. You will be fine under my watch."

Then, Dr. Ayu motioned to Lia to continue talking; Lia explained how she felt when she witnessed her mother died.

"Whenever I remember that day, there's always a question in mind that I'll never get to answer," Lia croaked, feeling a lump in her throat as the memories of that event came back to her. "If I didn't let her save me, will she still be alive?"

"Anak! Go!" Nathalia pushed Lia out allowing her to be hit by the laser beam that throws her straight to the wall. With what happened, Lia lets out a cry, "Mom!" She didn't waste any time and rushed to the area where Nathalia crashed at.

"When I saw her bleeding, a part of me thought of the worst thing that could happen." She remembered how she pressed the cloth against the open wound to prevent blood flow. She didn't care if her hands were getting covered by blood; all she wanted was Nathalia to be saved.

She felt her whole body tense up while she remembers that day; she could also feel her chest tighten with the overwhelming sadness flowing in all of a sudden. She exhaled heavily, letting out tears from her eyes.

"Yet I still hoped that she would survive." When she heard Fang call out to Kaizo for help, Lia believed that her mom could still be saved. She knew that there is still hope; she just has to believe in it.

"I think... I'm ready," Nathalia's statement caused Lia to bawl out, "N-No! You can't go! W-We have a lot more in life, mom. You're the one who told me that! You can't leave me!" Tears from her eyes were uncontrollably falling.

"But I was wrong... I-I lost her that day."

"You'll never know dear... H-How much... I-I love you..." Nathalia continued, already struggling to breathe since the blood was still flowing out of the wound. She gave Lia a soft smile, signaling her to finish the song.

"Please don't take my sunshine away."

As Lia sang the last line, Nathalia chuckled for the last time. "I love you, my sunshine." And that's where she gave her last breath and allowed darkness to take over her; her hand fell down flat on the floor.

Even now, Lia can still hear her own cries in her mind – it's something that she cannot and will never unhear for the rest of her life. She remembered how Fang embraced her, thinking he could soothe her that day which he didn't. She did nothing but cry over her mother's death.

"It didn't kill me," She continued, referring to the laser beam that could have almost killed her. "But something inside me died that day..." She then broke down, not able to handle all the sadness she is feeling with the mention of the event.

"I tried to think that... maybe it happened for a reason but-" She got cut off by her chest tightening again due to her voice raising a bit, "I still think that she died because of me!"

"Lia, your mom making a sacrifice is her choice. You didn't force her to do it. As a mother, it's her initiative to protect her child," Dr. Ayu softly replied, alarmed at the girl's breakdown. "She didn't die because of you. It was never your fault."