Part 19

Sawyer's POV

To say I was done with today was an understatement.

I had a horrible night, with one of the worse nightmares I've ever had, and then we left the set and cast. Next was all that fuss at the airport on both sides; I hate flying. And now I am hungry and tired. Not to mention Scarlett's hands are too full to cuddle me, so now I'm hanging on her back, pouting as she tries to get us out of the airport.

"I can walk; you have your hands full," I offer, talking directly into Scarlett's ear to be heard over the hustle and bustle of the airport. I may not really mean my words, but it seems only fair to offer to walk. She briefly turns her head, smiling at me before walking towards the exit. "It's ok, baby; I've got it handled. You just have to hold on cause my hands are full," I sigh before holding Scarlett tighter, pushing my face tighter into her neck in an attempt to block the rest of the people here out.

We were nearly out of the airport when I heard a voice yelling in our direction, "Ingrid! Over here...just ignore me then," Scarlett must have recognised the voice as she turned to face the man. He smiled in Scarlett's direction before shifting to look at me with a confused excretion.

"Shit," I heard Scarlett mumble as the man approached us. "Language," I said, chuckling at my own joke and earning a playful glare from Scarlett before she went back to looking at the man who was now in front of us, making me bury my head into Scarlett's neck.

"Hunter, good to see you. How did you know when my flight got in?" Scarlett asked the man, who I'm assuming is called Hunter, "Mom mentioned you were back tonight, and this was the only flight back from London this evening. I thought I would pick you up, and we could grab some food and catch up. It looks like we have a lot to catch up on," he replies, sounding annoyed towards the end, making me tighten my hold on Scarlett as I continue to hide.

"Can you take the bags for me, please?" I hear Scarlett ask before I'm shifted in Scarlett's arms so that I'm in her front, my face still hidden as I grip her shirt tightly. "Baby, you don't need to be scared. This is Mama's twin, Hunter. He's a big kid," she reassures me, rubbing my back. "Mama?" the man asks again, even more confusion heard in his voice. "It's a long story, Hunter; I'll explain in the car. Can we go now? She's had a hard day, and I want to feed her before she falls asleep," Scarlett talks to the other guy as she starts walking.

When we got to the car, Scarlett tried to sit me on my own seat, something I was not happy about, earning a loud whine of protest as I gripped onto her tighter "I want to ride with you, Scarly," I mumbled into her ear as she tries to pry my hands off her shirt. Over the last month, I had alternated between calling Scarlett, Scarly and the occasional Mama slipping out after particularly horrific flashbacks.

I want to call her Mama all the time, I'm just not sure how Scarlett would react, and I don't want to upset her.

My thoughts are broken by Scarlett stroking my hair, "Princess, if you ride on your own, we can stop and get McDonald's on the way back to the house," she offers, making me look up at her confused. "What's McDonald's?" I ask, not knowing what she is showing me right now. "What's McDonald's?! What have you done to this kid, Scar? How can she not know McDonald's?" The man asks again, startling me with the volume he spoke at. I jump at his voice, clinging onto Scarlett harshly.

I can see Scarlett glaring at what I assume to be the man over my head. "I'll explain later, Hunt. Can you drive us to McDonald's on the way back, please? Could you also try ad speak softly? She doesn't like loud noises or new people. I'm going to ride back here with Sawyer," Scarlett says before climbing into the back of the car with me, giving up on prying me off of her.

"So her name is Sawyer?" Hunter asks after a couple of minutes of silent driving. Scarlett had let me ride on her lap but insisted I had to sit on her like a chair resulting in me facing the front so I could see the man's profile, and he could probably see my whole face. "Yes, her name is Sawyer, and she's your niece, so be nice," Scarlett warned in a protective voice.