not so perfect perfection

Jobe and I were laid on my sofa. A million miles away from earth.

"I just don't get it." He whispered, what is this kid smoking?
"Get what?" Jobe lifted his head off my boobs, he had been starfished ontop of me.

He looked me in the eye, "How can two people in love so hard just give it up so easily." He sighed, "They didn't even try to make it work."

I nodded, "I don't know them too well." It was true, I only knew Amethyst from hyping eachother up in Instagram comments and I was friends with Jude- not on a deep level though. "But I know if I had what they had, I would do anything to keep it together. They seemed perfect for eachother- the way they'd interact. It's so mad."

Eventually, I clocked Jobe wasn't listening to me anymore. Instead he was gazing freely into my eyes. Every few seconds his eyes would flicker to my lips.

"Jobe-" I began to smirk before getting cut off,
"Abrianna- Sorry. Can I kiss you?"

Woah.

I nodded and our lips touched for the first time. And definitely not the last.

It wasn't perfect. Obviously. We were squashed on my sofa, Jobe had to strain his neck to reach my lips because of his position. Blue Story was playing in the background. The blinds lightly hit against the window as a result of the brilliant British weather. But, it felt perfect in the moment.

@abriannakai Instagram Story
20:57

@jobebellingham Instagram Story21:09

21:09

^@judebellingham replied to @jobebellingham

@judebellingham: dangg
@judebellingham: Where are you???