chapter two

T h e    W e i r d o    o nM t

T h e W e i r d o o n
M t .   S i n a i   S t r e e t

✿ ✿ ✿

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?"

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?"

"Did you run away?"

The strange girl from the woods was bombarded with questions, as the four kids stood in front of her. She was still wet from running around in the pouring rain but Violet had given her her raincoat. Watching Violet take off her jacket in the pouring rain to give to her played a big role in gaining her hesitant trust.

After that, it didn't take too long to get her out of the rain and into Violet's trailer. Where she now sat on the sofa, staring up at them with wide scared eyes as the thunderstorm continued outside.

"Are you in some kind of trouble? Do you need help?" Violet asks gently.

"Is that blood?" Lucas asks reaching forward to touch it. Violet slaps his hand down.

"What the fuck! Leave her alone. You're freaking her out." Violet says angrily at her insensitive friend.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas argues back.

"I bet she's deaf," Dustin says before reaching out quickly and clapping his hands loudly at her. The girl jumps back. "Not deaf," Dustin observes.

"You guys need to stop! She's cold and scared, and you aren't helping the situation!" Violet yells at the two idiots, and Mike nods in agreement.

Violet travels the short distance to her room, quickly pulling out a shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants, and socks. She hurries back to the living and is grateful to see the boys have stopped antagonizing her for now.

She holds out the clothes in one hand, the other going up to move her wet hair out of her face. "Here you go, some clothes. They aren't the best but they should work for now." Violet says moving closer to her slowly, not wanting to scare her.

The girl looks at the clothes and then back up to Violet, who smiles warmly. She slowly grabs the clothes, she looks at them for a moment before rubbing her face on the soft fabric of the sweatshirt.

The girl stands up and pushes Violet's jacket off her shoulders. She reaches down to pull up her shirt when all the boys scream, "NO!" Quickly turning away, their backs facing the two girls.

Violet leans forward and gently grabs the girl's wrists to stop her from lifting the long shirt. "No, no, no." She says as the boys continue to freak out behind her.

"Sorry, I should have been more clear. Here, follow me. The bathroom's over there. It'll give you more privacy." The girl looks both confused and scared but she holds the clothes close to her chest as she and Violet walk through the trailer to the bathroom.