chapter three

D o w n    b yT h e    Q u a r r y

D o w n    b y
T h e    Q u a r r y

✿ ✿ ✿

"We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school. That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood," Mike explains the plan as they stand around the dining room table.

After Eleven had shared what she knew with them, the kids all needed time to think. They moved out of Violet's small room and back into the living room. After finishing dinner, they all left to go home, vowing to meet back up at Violet's place before school.

Upon waking up, Violet simply poured two bowls of cereal. She could tell Eleven wasn't as excited about it as she had been about the Eggos.

It wasn't long after that the boys arrived at Violet's. While the group of friends gathered around the dining room table, Eleven lies on the couch while she continued to mess with Violet's walkie-talkie.

"You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asks.

"Just trust us on this, okay?" Violet responds defeatedly, she did not want to fight with Lucas again. "Did you get the supplies?"

"Yeah. Binoculars... from 'Nam," Lucas lays the supplies out on the table. "Army knife... also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana... and the wrist rocket," Lucas holds the last item up with an excited grin.

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin asks Lucas, not impressed.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye..." Lucas snaps the slingshot scaring Dustin. "And blind it."

Mike both sighs tired of his friend's bickering. "Dustin, what did you get?" Mike asks. Dustin picks up his backpack and pours stuff out onto the table.

"All, righty. So, we've got...Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pex, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix."

Of course... Violet thinks to herself.

"Seriously?" Lucas asks equally as unimpressed as Dustin had been with his wrist rocket.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have her." Dustin defends motioning to Eleven who looks up at them unamused.

"She shut one door!" Lucas argues back.

"With her mind! Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. Like..." Dustin trails off before running over to the Millennium Falcon toy sitting on the coffee table, where Eleven has left it. She had taken it out of Violet's room to mess with but lost interest after a while.