Pride month special.

The video above made me question so many things, I can't tell you. But the main question is, can children below 13 or even 14 be trusted when it comes to deciding their sexuality?

Before saying anything more, I'd like to clarify that this is not to spread hate nor do I have any personal grudge against the boy who's name is Evan and identifies as non binary according to his mother. I also do not want to be hateful to his mother either despite how some of her actions worry me.

Evan is an I think 7 or 8 years old autistic child and his journey of exploring his 'sexuality' is out in the open on tiktok and YouTube. By the looks of it, I think Evan is a great child and absolutely amazing and children are in general adorable and his little quirks indeed are.

He has two siblings, a brother and sister. They are all adopted and all of them are special children and when I do think about it, it's very courageous of their mother to have adopted them and given them a home, care and love as a parent.

So, now that is cleared, we'll turn back to the question and my opinion about it.

LGBTQ+ movement is a good cause without a doubt and I've always been open about my own sexuality and support for the movement. However, as good as it is there are bad sides to it like how industrialists try to do their best to attract customers during pride month by changing their logos, slogans and what not. Similarly, there have been cases where people are forced to lie about their sexuality to be able to support the community because apparently a straight person can't support LGBTQ community which is kinda dumb.

But this isn't about that. This is about how early can a person truly determine their sexual orientation.

I remember when I was 7 or 8, I used to think shaving beard is really cool since I used to like see my dad doing it everyday before he went to work. So, one day I decided, I wanted to shave my beard.

Like I had seen my dad doing, I put the cream on my face and started shaving. I mean, I must have been a genius to think that a pre pubescent girl can have a beard but anyways, in the name of coolness I did it and I got a cut on my chin.

The next thing I know is getting scolded by my dad for using sharp objects while he cleaned my wound and my mother was laughing at my antiques. I remember it so clearly, I'm astonished. But anyho, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person in the world who did this.

Then comes my brother who is even more active in the weird world. But I think I might be partially responsible for that.

So, what happened is, I wanted a sister but I got a brother instead. A few years later when he's old enough to walk, I dress him up as a girl and take his pics while my mother still laughs at our antiques. It didn't happen many times, only twice I think but I had fun dressing him up in my frocks and my mom's dupattas draped like a saree.

Later when he got a little more older, he himself raided my closet and wore my clothes for fun. He has even tried makeup and nailpolish and all the jazz girls do, you know and my parents let him do it.

In fact they let me do whatever I wanted to do too. I had these phases, yk, like extremely girly then extremely boyish and now I'm more of a chic gender neutral but going according to occasion and mood type of person.

During all this development of me and my brother who is 13 this year, sexuality was not the concern. It was not a term we used in daily life nor did we or my parents care because that is not our priority at this stage of life.