Body Positivity

hello and welcome back to the sass house. i actually have a lot of things to do, beginning with starting on my project that I have till May to complete and my guide is going to call me in about 2 hours and i spent the whole day with my friends, 3 out of them who are busy with their internship, 2 are on the way to get the internship and 1 who is going to stay with me in the department working on another project. and i thought it would be nice to read a cute short romance story and once again like a fool i followed a yt account of a book author and took on a read that has a curvy girl as the mfl and i thought cute, body positivity, wohoo!!

i can not tell you how badly it has triggered me instead of making feel all warm and fuzzy and think thats right, fat doesnt mean you arent pretty. you can totally be fat and be pretty and as someone who has never been skinny and went from a size medium to large bcuz of poor diet and limited exercise (ignoring the random 3km walks once in a while cuz they dont do much in terms of weight loss) i can confidently say that im pretty but im fat and i need to loose weight not bcuz thats what expected but bcuz i dont like how i feel rn.

so anyway, the story starts with a teen who had to take a pregnancy test her mom told her to do bcuz she missed period 3 times in a row and obviously thats concerning and since its america, well yk how it goes in most cases. anyway the mom is a health teacher (i didnt know that was a thing, like legit heath related classes) and obviosly shes active in daily life, the dad is active and so is the brother. they eat healthy and live healthy but our girl doesnt. and while i dont like how the mom is hyper focused on her weight but i like how she does her best to include a good diet and workout plan for her daughter. 

i mean, i personally felt the best i had ever felt when my mom had complete control over my diet and i was getting exercise regularly and while i know as a woman in her early twenties with a changing body i might not be able to go back to how i was when i was 18 but i can still do my best for strength and stamina.

in a complete stereotypical teen fashion the girl chooses a sandwich from a fast food place over a fruit for breakfast which she eats right before she finds out she has pcos which explains the sudden weight gain and stubborn hair growth on the body. 

now, i dont know a whole lot about pcos but i know it makes it difficult for weight loss and brings in a lot of painful conditions as painful periods and acne issues and that sucks big time and i feel for all my girlies who go through that pain. but here is the first trigger.

the girl, instead of thinking yeah, my moms idea of losing weight and eating healthy is the first step in getting it under control along with the medication is right, she thinks to herself, im already fat and it might probably stay that way so why change, why eat healthy and stop from intaking the extra sugar.

like girl, are you fucking kidding me? fr?! thats literally the worst thing you can tell yourself in any of the conditions where it is making you feel bad about your body.

on one hand you want to cry about not being attractive enough for your crush to like you but on the other hand, its literally a painful situation where your fertility is on line and you dont give two flying fucks and chug down all that sugar when its perfectly in your hands to control the situation.

im sorry to the kiddos for the excessive swearing but this mindset is something that makes me go completely batshit crazy bcuz you are trying to play the victim card at the worst place ever. in medical cases especially, a persons mindset should be positive and i hate the author for trying to pass it off for extra sympathy points.

oh you have pcos? so sad, eat this whole cake and hot chocolate, honey.

like hold up, no absolutely no. eating in a controlled manner, fine but in excess? never.

and i know seeing the writing level that its going to be read by a lot of impressionable young girls and its just so wrong that they will think it is okay to continue to harm your body just bcuz you have a condition that is already doing its worst on you. thats not how you battle an enemy.

i  have a plus size character but i promise you, i will never put that kind of mentality out through my work ever. its either all real body positivity or nothing at all. also, shameless promo time but go read Kintsugi on my second account  Kim_Eats2 to know more about this character im talking about 😉

getting back to the issue at hand, apart from super rich kids and the trashy  bet with the mean girl about going to homecoming with the hot quarterback of the school and some out of touch with reality, manipulating friends who are friends with the mfl for the sole purpose of making the mfl succeed as a curvy girl the second trigger that made me put down my phone and write this was when all these girls are gathered together and talking about throwing a party and how a guy Zara Bhatta's father is trying to set up with her for marriage will arrange the booze for them. the girl goes on to explain the arranged marriage part by saying its a cultural thing.

im sorry? bitch what did you just fucking say?

this author literally used a typical indian lastname and thought no one would notice? bitch i noticed and im mad as fuck. i dont know a single parent in india or out of india who will try to willingly set up their daughter with a boy when shes just 16. thats wild as fuck and especially for rich people. and there are alot of cultures that use the arranged thing except of course americans cuz they are oh so great.

no offence but my value and views about america and its loud majority of people has deteriorated so much that theres not even a speck of respect in my heart for that particular part of the population.

returning back to the topic at hand, im not going to read that shitty excuse of a book anymore and i hope you guys dont come across it.

now i know i might be pretty late to this whole body positivity thing but i just want to say to all those people who are either trying to gain or lose weight, you are enough, you are beautiful despite whatever size you are as long as you dont use it as a crutch and be healthy. and by healthy  i mean eating balanced diets and consistent excersizing instead of those toxic crash diets and workout regimes. 

start slow and small, build a routine, increase the difficulty level when you start feeling comfortable in the routine, thats how you bring about long term change.

and skinny girls, please, i beg you, dont eat junk just bcuz you want to bulk up. see a dietecian if necessary but eating junk will only harm you in the form  of visceral fat instead of visible fat. visible fat is always easy to lose than the fat around your organs. 

dont listen to those so called influencers, instead listen to legit experts like Dr. Pal on youtube and Dr. Karan. NutritionByKylie is one of the dietician who i love cuz she actually shows what balanced diet looks like.

and most importantly, what works for other people might not work for you and thats nothing to get disappointed about. just stay focused on your goal and dont give up. know your body and it's needs. and if you are a teen, start now cuz the most damage is done in teen years. so start being healthy early.

i hope you are staying safe and live a healthy long and happy life.

that's too many healthys but anyway

i love you and thank you for coming to my ted talk once again.

bye!!