Chapter 16: Cool Idea: Completely Uproot Yourself Because Why Not

This chapter was edited on 2/3/2016 and includes minor alterations. Enjoy!

********************************************************

It'd been about three weeks since Chris agreed to stay with me, instead of Eliot. And it'd been about two weeks since Eliot had gone down to Arizona, and he hadn't bothered to contact me since the night of the party. In one more week, we'd be moving into our new apartment in New Jersey, where I'd somehow managed to get a job, thank God. However, over those three weeks, Chris had been an emotional wreck. He was constantly paranoid that at any minute, Eliot would just come right in through the front door. I didn't say much about it though, and just let it go, because eventually Chris would understand that he was going to be fine, and we had more important things to do. Like packing.

"Why the hell do you have so much shit?" Chris asked with a quiet sigh. We'd been packing up the remaining objects in my room for the part hour, tossing various objects into boxes when we weren't quite sure where they should go. Needless to say there was very little organization involved in the whole process.

"Because I never throw things away." I replied. He rolled his eyes slightly, shaking his head as he tossed what looked like a small sculpture of a dinosaur into the box next to him. I glanced over at him for a second, then paused in packing and turned my head to watch him completely.

I wasn't gay, that I was absolutely sure of. But I did like Chris, a lot more than most of the girlfriends I'd had. Hell, I was uprooting my life for him. Of course, I did have to be careful. Mom and Dad were rather confused about my sudden decision to move out of state and get a job.

It's not that I didn't think they'd like Chris. And it's not one of those things where I was afraid of them shunning and hating me. I just wanted to wait until my relationship with him, whatever it may be, was more stable.

During my internal monologue I had going on, Chris had noticed me staring, and was now glaring back. He'd reverted back to bitch mode over the past few weeks. And I'm not going to lie, I did sort of miss it.

"What the hell are you looking at?"

I smiled innocently. "You. Your face. Your ridiculously adorable face. Just thinking about how adorable you are. And how sexy you are. And what an amazing ass you have."

Chris only glared harder, throwing something at me that I just barely dodged. "Shut the fuck up and pack already."

"Yes sir."

"One more word, Arden, I swear to God."

I ducked my head to hide the smile that made its way onto my face, tossing whatever he'd thrown at me into the box next to me as I continued to pack. It was fun to annoy Chris, even when he was paranoid enough to put most drug users to shame. My phone started ringing from out in the living room though, making me jump and hesitate before going to answer it.

"Yeah?"

"Hey dickface."

"Jesus, how old are you? You shouldn't know that word." I said to Lizzie, who snorted on the other end of the line.

"Yeah, whatever. Mom and Dad are going out, and they want to know if they can drop me at your place."

"No. I'm busy."

"With what?"

"Packing."

"Too bad." Lizzie said right before she hung up on me, making me roll my eyes. How was I supposed to sexually harass Chris with a thirteen-year old here?