Fever Dream 2

"Pete! Don't pretend to be asleep. It's 8 pm. Get up and eat," I said in a normal tone before pulling the blanket he cocooned himself in. But he resisted and grabbed onto the blanket tightly.

"No! I'm not hungry!"

"Come on. There's still some pork to eat. It's already late at night and you haven't eaten yet," I said while chuckling. I've been in a good mood after we've watched the movie together plus Pete looks so cute hiding from me. It wasn't as if this is the first time we have sex but he is acting like a virgin right now.

"I don't want to eat."

"Pete! One, two..."

I stopped and opened my eyes and looks at the main family house entrance where I am currently standing. After forcefully getting discharged from the hospital, I immediately went back home only to feel another wave of disappointment seeing no trace of Pete in my room.

There's no scent of him.

No chain that binds him for a couple of months.

No, nothing.

I don't even think I can sleep tonight thinking about what had happened or if Pete is okay.

After having some internal battle with myself, I changed my clothes, ignored that idiot Nop who kept on asking me where I am going, and drove my car towards the main family–and now, here I am standing, hoping to see even a glimpse of the man who changed me.

Or so I thought he changed me–in my dreams.

"Sawadee khrab Khun Vegas!"

I was greeted by some random bodyguards but I ignored all of them. Fuck them, I am not looking at any of them. All I want to see is Pete, my Pete.

It's almost dinner time. I know how the main family follows a certain rule when it comes to meals. Macao and I often laugh at the obnoxious rules but now I am hoping that I could find Pete in the dining hall with the rest of the bodyguards, eating happily, like how he happily ate the southern curry I always bought for him.

I continue walking towards the busy hall where I saw at least 10 more bodyguards ready to eat their meals.

I just hope that I would not bump into one of my cousins. I am too damn tired right now to even talk to them and what the hell do they even want from me.

As soon as I walked into the dining hall, everyone becomes silent.

The silence in the main family house doesn't always mean good.

Again, I ignored them and scan the place with my piercing eyes.

Spotting Pete isn't hard. I felt like there was a neon arrow pointing at him telling me that 'this is Pete'. He is already sitting right next to Porsche and across those two more bodyguards of my ding dong cousin, P'Tankhun.

"Sawadee khrab..."

I ignored everyone and walk straight toward Pete's table.

The four of them look at me and wai.

"Sawadee khrab, Khun Vegas," but all I can hear is Pete's voice. The way he smiles at me and the way he awkwardly tilts his head.

"Wadee," I smile then tries to act cool, "Do you mind if I seat with you?" I asked in general. I don't want to scare Pete and make him run away from me again. I don't want that to happen again.

"Khun Vegas, do you want to eat? Khun Noo and Khun Kim are in the private room," I looked at Pete. This is one thing that I like about him, he has the guts to meet me eye to eye. Porsche totally ignored me after I asked if I can join them while those two idiots in front of us aren't saying a thing.

I put my hand on his shoulder where he jumps a little, "Do I look like I want to eat a meal with them?" I asked him calmly but the blood on his face is slowly draining.

'Fuck Vegas, don't scare him.'

I let go of his shoulder and smiled. The smile I gave him when we were together–or when I thought that we are together.

"Here Khun Vegas, Pol already used that bowl..." the glasses guy said handling another set of tableware towards Porsche, "Porsche, stop eating yet, help us change the bowls first," he scolded Porsche a bit but I am enjoying sitting next to Pete and looking how his expression keeps on changing every second.

If before, I would always look at Porsche because of my goal to get everything away from Kinn, right now, I don't care if he is breathing in front of me. All that matters is Pete and Pete alone.

We started eating afterward without running into any of my cousins. The glasses guy, Arm told me that Kinn was busy with paperwork in his room and Porsche would bring his meal later while the weird guy, Pol told me that P'Tankhun (I need to be a little good to him since Pete likes him so much) and the rest of them will have a Friday movie night until midnight.

"Macao also likes watching series," I tried to blend in the conversation trying not to make the table feels awkward.

I want to be good.

I want to be better.

I want Pete to see that I am a better version of myself.

Before we can continue talking, there's a loud noise inside the dining hall.

"PETEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!"

"POLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!"

"ARMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!"

And I don't need to guess who is it.

I guess the sooner we get along, the sooner I can get my Pete back.