Prologue

Her eyes were serene like the morning dew, softened as crystal-like tears trickled down to her cheek. Her fluttering eyelashes simple, yet asking for help begging for attention. Her gaze sparkled with ransomed glee at the demon as it hollowed out his heart that a hope of a better tomorrow.

"My name is Phoebe and I'm an hybrid born of a witch and a vampire, forced to flee from my mother's home into the forest with the hope that a day will come when I'll be accepted for who I am" she uttered and although she was completely bewildered, her enthralling and bewitching beauty gave to him no doubt that she was innocent. He knew that he was falling for her. True that in the Universe every particle gravitates for another.
And he corroborated it's theory well by bringing her to an hideout in his clan serving her with protection.
That was something Vampires and witches wouldn't do for their own half brid. Like an arrow from a bow, they fell in love leading to an outlawed affair.

A month later
The air was stuffy as she crept around the poisonous wolfs bane in search of a blood meal ushered and escorted by her demon lover. She bit her tongue with nervousness and the metallic taste of blood filled her mouth, bewailing sounds ghosted through the trees as the demon's flesh crept and the hair on his neck rose like the hackles of a dog. Below him was a witch who was close to death and there she met Agnes. A member of her mother's coven and due to her deep sense of loneliness and longing she befriended her.

The hybrid and the witch sang low-pitched, their voices were somewhere between hypnotic and tremulous. "Suck up all your insides!" She ended the song, her voice soft and angelic, transporting anyone who could hear it to a world of peace above the clouds.

"When I was younger, my mother said to me your mother was a witch of her words and indeed she kept to her words that was why she was courageous enough to abandon her coven carrying you in her womb to the forest. I'm so brim to see you save and sound" said Agnes, Phoebe peered into her eyes and saw the evidence of her sincere and undying friendship. Phoebe moved deliberately and gave her a one-armed hug. If hugs healed, she'd hold her all night.

In the course of the time
Phoebe felt tearful and irritated. "This is unbelievable!" She screamed, the news of her pregnancy came as a complete shock to her as she thought it could never happen. Her breath pattern was no longer normal and she felt a knot in her gut. Without hesitation, she went to unfold all her secrets to Agnes most especially about the unwelcome pregnancy because she was scared of the future. Agnes didn't talk much anymore, either. She gradually became more reserved, fumbling for her words. It was as if she was afraid to utter a word. As if doing so would lead to punishment.
Few hours later, Phoebe broke the news to kilmaris, her appealing and ravishingly demon lover.

"Being pregnant means everyday is another day closer to meeting you but what is to come of this baby I don't know" she said, so grateful that he'd agree on keeping the unborn creature. She wanted to be with him until she couldn't.

"The child you bear in your womb is a sign of our love; and I will make sure to protect this child with all my life" his hands smoothed the length of her hair as he gazed into her eyes, his expression tender and full of love. The aching anticipation for his kiss was suddenly too much and she reached up and pulled his mouth to hers.
But the pregnancy was not by any means an easy one and slowly phoebe began to wilter as her baby blossomed. Kilmaris found it harder to stare at her each passing day as he could already predict a forlorn ending. One which he knew he won't be able to live with himself if it eventually... no he can't let that happen. And he just knew who he had to visit.

Meanwhile....
Phoebe knew she was dying slowly but she couldn't bring herself to alter the growth of her soon to be angel. "Oh Agnes I know you mean the best for me but I can just feel the power my baby possesses. She's meant to be someone great. I can just feel it!" Phoebe told her female confident. "A she? How can you be so sure?" she replied with bewilderment. "It's purely a feeling" Phoebe laughed. Suddenly a strong gust of wind blew and just like that, Agnes once dark and brooding eyes had turned a mystical white with an entranced look on her face. Then in an unearthly voice, she spoke
"Though her birth fragile and unsure, a creature fused with powers unimaginable will be the start and the end, thorns and losses will litter her path and from that will her heart grime and she will surpass all the thinking of all creatures."

With her last words, Agnes immediately returned back to her normal self but a stunned Phoebe was left to show the aftermath. "Did you... did you just utter a prophesy?" she stuttered. Agnes who was still reeling in the feeling of being possessed began to realize the implication of the words she had just spoken. A powerful being? She couldn't just grasp her mind around the knowledge. But why her? Her heart began to pollute with envy as she gazed upon the hybrid. Soon the shocked expression soon morphed into wonder and glee as she felt her resolve strengthen. Agnes whose heart was being consumed by the green-eyed monster unconsciously uttered "we need to get rid of that baby and fast". Bewildered phoebe shockingly asked "why would you think of that? don't you see, this baby is meant to be more. This is now above us Agnes. The gods have chosen this baby... My baby". Unknown to phoebe who was brimming in happiness was an Agnes whose face was contorted in anger and her mind formulating wicked plans.

IN THE UNDERWORLD
Kilmaris found himself in the presense of Lucifer as he grew desperate for help. "I greet the great Lucifer" he tried flattering the king. "Cut the shit demon and tell me what you seek from me" Lucifer lazily drawled. "I need your help Lucifer, I fear for my wife and our unborn baby" he pleaded back. "Everyone needs my help demon now tell me what you want" Lucifer replied back irritated. "I seek protection for my unborn baby your majesty". "Stretch forth your hand demon and let me see the baby you wish to bargain with me with" Lucifer said as he began to show interest.

The moment the contact between the two creatures happened, Lucifer eyes widened in shock and quickly went back to its neutral state. "I'll help you but your powers are on the line" Lucifer proposed. "All of them, but that suicide" kilmaris complained. "Then I see you're not desperate enough demon" Lucifer smirked. "Fine fine fine, my powers for my baby's total protection" kilmaris painfully let out. "Nice doing business with you demon and I congratulate you in advance for the birth of your daughter" Lucifer replied as he walked out of his throne room.

FEW WEEKS LATER...
In the wee hours of the morning, the world finally heard the cries of her. Pheobe took one look at her and said "Aerwyna, the ray of the gods, yes that will be her name". "Beautiful, the both of you" kilmaris uttered as he lovingly gazed at his family. But the moment was soon cut shut as an all too familiar cry of a brewing battle was heard not too far away. Shocked kilmaris began to feel a sense of dread as he began to lead his family to a safe place. Phoebe who was just as confused didn't want him to leave her alone as she's in her weakest state with a new born baby. "Please love, come back to me" pheobe pleaded with unshed tears in her eyes. "I promise I will my love" kilmaris rushingly said as he kissed his wife and child on their forehead.

But kilmaris wasn't able to live up to that promise as he died while defending his people. Pheobe who felt the connected loss knew immediately he breathed his last and shed out a painful scream as she felt the connection die away. She soon began to regret her action as she heard rustling of leaves not too far away from her. She knew she had to leave the place immediately. As she struggled to flee while car ring a burdened heart and hushing her crying baby, she felt a presence rushing towards her but as she made a way to try and defend herself, a deadly blow had crashed into her. Fortunately she was able to take all the hit and her baby was unscathed. But pheobe knew the end has come for her as she struggled to reach her baby who she breathed her last spell to.

A heavy rain marked the death of the two lovers as their child was being carted away by the woman behind their downfall. As people often say, true love doesn't always have to end well.

 As people often say, true love doesn't always have to end well