𝔅𝔬𝔫𝔲𝔰 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 - Tangled

Sameer's POV

I hear the chirping of birds as I'm awake. It's probably earlier than usual as when I try to look around with a squinted eye, I still see a little dark outside. Maybe it is dawn. But that isn't the reason I got awake, it's because of movement of something on my body. I blink my eyes and scratch my head. Why isn't my right hand moving much? A deep breath and the awareness of the present moment takes over me as I look down.

I'm sprawling on my back, 'almost' undressed and on me... there's my wife...

Naina... Meri Naina...

She's sleeping on her side, with her head on my chest, a leg on mine and my right arm crushed beneath her. Her hand roams on my midriff again, and this time she tries to pull her up. What is she doing? Is she trying to climb on me?

Thanks to her moves, I can free my arm from beneath her. A smile covers my lips when I look at her again. She's looking breathtakingly gorgeous and divine even in the dark. Some locks of hair on her face are blocking the complete view though, so I tuck those locks behind her ear, revealing the mole on her right cheek that I so love to kiss.

Whatever I can see on her face given our position, I see sheer serenity and peace on it. Her warm breaths on my bare chest maintain a slow rhythm and her lips naturally turn upwards. I don't know if she's dreaming something, but for me, it's no less than a dream right now.... a dream of having my wife in my arms, who's cocooned into me and sleeping fully sated after a ferocious but wonderful night. Yes, I'm living my dream at this moment!!

I still can't believe Naina took this initiative to take our relationship to the next level.... to consummate our marriage... I mean, how did she do it? How did she arrange all those things? Those candles and all... How did she find the other pieces of that nightie that I had hidden in my cupboard in the worst looking polythene? And most importantly, how did she prepare herself for this, for the lovemaking?

My mind was fogged with so many questions yesterday when I saw Naina in that nightie. I was flabbergasted would be such an understatement. I was beyond every word that defines surprise... no, shock. I'm just thankful that my heart didn't fall from my mouth when she crossed her legs and I saw her bare knees under that satin robe and nightie.

I want to kick myself hard for missing out on the hints written all over Naina's face when I came home. She was constantly smiling... no, blushing in sheer happiness, the red color didn't leave her cheeks throughout and she was lost in something all the time.

How couldn't I reckon that?

But I'm happy... extremely happy and that's not needed to be told. I'm happy that Naina herself decided to break this hiatus in our lessons of physical intimacy. For a girl like her, who has her own beliefs and opinions, who has certain boundaries, it was indeed a huge step to be taken. It required guts and well... my Naina has that a lot... That statement of hers proves it...

'Make me feel like a woman, Sameer...'

I mean wowww... where did all that confidence come from?

Hold on! Confidence was an in-built character trait of Naina. But she was mostly surrounded by people who always looked down upon her and reminded her what she doesn't have in life. But she flourished!! As I had foreseen. She flourished in school and then in college. Not just academically but with every other aspect too. And now I don't see any trace of that Naina who would turn pale upon Taiji's comments.

This is the confident woman who had held my hand and eloped with me... and now is sleeping peacefully in my arms, giving me a moment of bliss.

I'm indebted to her for coming into my life...