Chapter 6.

After we took Isabell to the police station and gave a statement, everything happened very quickly. Isabell filed a report on Jared and Chris. Their parents were notified immediately and so was Isabell's mother. She also revealed that she had been blackmailed into saying nothing, and the guys would be taken out of Silent Hill and sent to a juvenile reform school.

"Thank you, Amanda, and thank you, Richard.''

"I've done my duty. I'll let you two talk.'' Richard said and left.

''I still can't figure out how you knew what happened to me, but thank you for helping me. A few hours ago I was about to fall off the bridge and now all is revealed, thanks to you, Amanda.''

"I'm glad I could help you. This is my number if you need anything, call me.''

"Okay," she said and smiled.

[...]

"Amanda, where the hell have you been?'' My father asked, furious, as soon as I got home.

"Don't shout. I'll tell you.''

"I am listening.''

"I had a dream a few hours ago, a girl tried to kill herself, but I stopped her.''

"Really?'' He asked surprised.

"Yes, Dad. The girl is fine right now.''

''That's very good, Amanda.''

"I can use this gift to change other people's futures from dying.''

''Yes you can Amanda, you're stronger than I thought.''

"I'm glad you say that, Dad.''

''But you know, Amanda, you can't always help everyone, so you have to be prepared for every possibility.''

''I know. I'll do everything I can.'' I said.

[...]

"Mother, I need to talk to you.''

"I hear you, Rob.''

"Amanda told me last night that she had a dream, a girl was trying to kill herself, but she got there first and helped her. Isn't that pretty good? She woke up on time.''

"On the one hand it's good, but I don't know, Rob. What if that makes her stronger? What if she becomes like her?''

"Mother,Amanda is good, pure, and willing to help people. She was the complete opposite, you know very well, all she cared about was authority and more power.''

"I know, Rob... I know, but we have to be cautious about this matter.''

"We'll be mother.''

[...]

"Amanda, I have to ask you something." he said and looked me in the eyes.

"Tell me, Richard.''

"How did you know Isabelle was in danger?''

"I... just did.''

''All right, don't tell me, you don't have to. Since we saved her thanks to you and there was no other death, everything's fine.''

"Richard, what are you going to do about Josh and Ellen's case?''

"I don't think I can do anything more, Amanda. There's no evidence.''

"So you're going to close the case?''

''Unfortunately, yes. I can't do anything more.''

"I understand." I said and took a sip of my coffee.

" If only I could find out how they died.''

"You did your best, Richard, but this case will always be a mystery.''

"Indeed.''