Chapter 18.

"Amanda, how are you?'' My father asked me.

"I'm nervous about the ritual tomorrow, but I'm sure of what I'm going to do.''

"I feel bad that we all have to rely on you, especially me as your father. I should protect you.''

"Dad, all these years you've been protecting me, this time let me do it.''

"I love you, sweetheart.''

"I love you too, Dad.''

"Good night, Amanda.''

" Dad...''

''What is it?''

"Nothing, good night." I said, smiling. I wanted to tell him about the incident where he happened to see Mom. Apparently, it wasn't my mother but Cassandra who made him see what she wanted him to see. But I thought it was better not to say anything. Deep down, I knew he had hoped to be her, and I'm sure my grandmother told him about it, so it was better that I didn't say anything.

[...]

The next day didn't take long to come, all the witches were ready for the ritual. Richard and my father were by my side, telling me that everything would be all right and not to be afraid. I lay down on the floor, all the witches made a circle around me and linked their hands, while they all started to murmur something like "Let the spirit go back and the body stay in the present.''

I opened my eyes. I was in the forest where I had met Laureline before in my dream.

"Amanda.''

"Laureline Edwards.''

"You came to find me.''

"I want to talk to you about Cassandra, I don't have much time.''

"She'll wake up soon.''

"I know, that's why I want the book of ancient black magic.''

"You know it's dangerous, right?''

"I know, but we have no choice.''

"You must be strong enough to do this spell.''

''Laureline, you have to help me.''

"Come with me." She said, and I followed her. We arrived outside a wooden house and then we went inside.

"You live here?''

"Yes, ever since I was little. This is the book.'' She said and gave it to me.

"Thank you Laureline.''

"Wait, take this too." She said and gave me a silver dagger.

"Why the...''

"If the spell doesn't work, the dagger will kill her. We all the witches have channeled a piece of our powers, but you need to know in order to activate the dagger, it requires a dream walker's blood. As soon as you pour your blood upon it, you must immediately stab it into Cassandra's heart.''

"Thank you, Laureline.''

"Be careful, Amanda.''

After that I opened my eyes and I was back again.

"You did it, Amanda." My grandma said afterwards.

"Laureline gave me this, too.'' I said, showing the dagger.

"I can't believe the ancient heirloom of witches.''

"Grandma, we have to prepare. We don't have time.''

"Yes, Amanda, don't worry.''

"I am no longer afraid to face her.''

"And you shouldn't." Richard said.

"We all believe in you, Amanda." My father said.

"Thank you all for believing in me, that's why I'm going to put an end to all this.''