first kiss

jack:

After Medda's show, Jack and I were walking home. Like the gentleman he was, he offered to escort me back. However, It'd just begun to rain when we were about halfway back.

"Come on, Jack! Faster! My dress is going to get wet!" I urged, pulling him along behind me.

He whined. "Slow down! It's water; we're not going to die!"

I rolled my eyes and sped up even more. Jack quickened his pace.

"Who am I kidding," He muttered. "This is no time for a lady to be walking outside."

In one movement, he scooped me up into his arms and began carrying me bridal style, running through the rain while I laughed. He set me down on my porch.

"Thank you so much for taking me. That was fantastic."
"It was nothing, really! I was excited you had a night off for once."

"I was too. And it was the best one I've ever had," I smiled.
Jack glanced behind him. "Well, looks like I've gotta go. You need to get back to your family."

He started walking away, but I grabbed his hand. "Wait!"

"Hm?"

"There's something I need to give you," I said.

"Really?"

I nodded. Tilting my head up, our lips lingered on each other's for a few moments before leaving. I could taste the rain on his lips, which were soft and warm.

"Thank you," he smiled before leaving.

davey:

I was sitting beside Davey as he was reading. It was something we'd do often. We'd read beside each other, not necessarily out loud, but we enjoyed each other's presence in those quiet moments. I glanced over and saw him looking at me.

"Do you need anything?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "No. It's just a bit hard to focus. You're just so pretty, y/n. I could watch you read all day. Not in a creepy way, of course. But you look so happy reading. And I like seeing you happy."

I smiled as I met his gaze. "Thanks, Davey. You're literally one of the sweetest people I know."

My eyes turned back to the book I was reading. I'd barely scanned through the next page when I looked over to Davey, who was reading. His head turned to look at me, and I realized then how close we were. I saw him glance down at my lips for a second. I could feel the warmth radiating off of him. And then it happened. Barely there, gone in a second, but powerful enough to turn the butterflies in my stomach to fully-fledged birds. An aviary in my stomach from that one little gesture.

We both turned back to our books to read more, hardly acknowledging what's just happened, because for once, words would ruin the moment.

spot:

Brooklyn Bridge. The same place we'd always met as friends. Only this time, we weren't. Two lovers stared across the water, seeing the distorted reflection of stars on the surface. And those lovers were us. And I was the happiest I'd been. My fingers intertwined with his. However, something felt... off. I glanced over at Spot. He looked upset. No, agitated.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

He froze like a deer in headlights. "Yep. Everything is perfectly fine. Everything is perfect. The water, the bridge, you. Especially you."

"Sure thing, pretty boy."

"It's been a little hard," he admitted.

"What's been a little hard?"

It was against every ounce of my being not to make an innuendo and look down for even a second. But I had to be serious, so I avoided that.

"I'm supposed to be a leader, right?"

I paused. "I guess so. What about it?"

"What if I do something wrong? Or I mess up? And what if I somehow lost all the respect I'd gained?" Spot twisted the key on his necklace.

"Spot, that's a very big if. Even if it does happen, which it most likely won't, I'd still be there. This city will still be here."

"But it's hard," he complained (Again, I found it very hard not to make an innuendo). "To do the right thing all the time. It's a balancing act, honestly. And I'm sure there are people who are willing to watch me fall."

I scooted closer to him, taking both of his hands in mine. "While I'm sure that there are people who would, don't give them the satisfaction. If you mess up, own up to it. People like an honest person. They'll respect you more if you can own up to mistakes, trust me. But like I said, I'll be there no matter what."

"This is why I like you, y/n. Your advice is so good. You should be a teacher or something," he mumbled.

"Thanks."

I glanced at him for a moment too long for it to be anything casual. To avoid making it awkward, I kissed him. I could feel a smile form on his lips before he kissed me back. And that was the story of the first time we ever made out on the Brooklyn Bridge.

skittery:

I smiled and laughed as Skittery twirled me around. I was having a sleepover at Anna's house, but Skittery and I had snuck out to the rooftop. We were dancing together, and I had two left feet. He tipped me backwards. I laughed, admittedly a bit nervously.

"You're blushing? Cute," he smirked before pulling me up.

I practically fell on top of him from the amount of force used. He steadied me by grabbing my shoulders, and his hands trailed up to where he was holding my face in his hands. I was a bit flustered and a bit panicked.

"I.. Uh... my-" I spluttered.

He allowed himself a smug smile and then pressed his lips against mine, a bit gently at first, but that soon escalated.

It was safe to say that Skittery was a good kisser.

bumlets:

Actually dating Bumlets turned out to be a dream come true. He was very funny and sweet and could never seem to escape my mind. He never missed a chance to point out to his friends that I was his girlfriend. Not because he was overprotective of me, but because he was proud of me. It was one of the best things about him. Well, that along with the cuddles he would give if I were to be feeling upset.

One particular morning, I was out getting groceries for my mother and happened to see him selling papers. I stopped by.

"One paper, please," I asked.

He looked down at me for a second, and then a smile spread across his face. "Y/n! Great to see you! Here you are!"

I gave him a dime.

"This is too much! I can't take it," Bumlets refused.

"You have to," I begged.

He shook his head. "Can't."

I sighed and fished a nickel out of my pocket. I hung my head as I dropped it into his open palm.

"Five cents is still too much. Y/n, I can't take your money. You know it's only a cent."

"I suppose I'll need change."

A sly smile flashed on Bumlets' face. I got a little worried.
"I can help with that."

He took my face in his hands and kissed me.

"I hope that'll do for change."

I slowly nodded, still agape. "It'll do perfectly."

From then on, whenever I paid him extra, he would give me back my 'change' by kissing me.