Flirt

Aamon awoke from his sleep when the carriage slowed down from its normal pace. He opened the curtains to see the sun raising and the carriage was continuously moving. He quickly snuck out there the carriage's window and climbed onto the roof of it. He watched her sitting up straight even though she stayed up all night, protecting and guiding toward the route, where traders usually take. Hanabi took out a bottle from her bag and drank the liquid inside it. She shook her head, trying to keep herself awake. Hanabi could feel her body getting weaker and weaker, her energy draining out, her eyes getting heavier and heavier by the second.

Just when she was about to pass out from exhaustion, a strong arm wrapped around her slim body, supporting her in place. Shaking her tiredness away, she looked up to see Aamon holding her body close to him and his other hand, grabbing the reins of her horse. "Aamon," she murmured his name.

"Is there a village up ahead?" he asked. Hanabi could barely move her body, even though she has been eating food pills to generate her energy; so she tiredly nodded her head. "Rest for time being, dewdrop. You deserve it".

Hanabi's mind began spinning, even though her tongue hadn't touch any liquor, she felt as if she was drunk herself. She slowly lifted her arm, cupping his left cheek, while pulling herself up to leave a peck of his forehead; before fainting into a deep sleep. Aamon sat there, frozen. He was surprised, that she left as a reward to the oldest sibling in the Paxley family. His surprised look then turned into a sweet smile. He returned the sweet gesture, wrapping her body with a warm blanket and letting her head rest on his shoulder.

'Never thought that our paths would cross again after such a long time,' he thought, 'but I don't mind; I'm not the type to believe in fate, but I guess we are fated for each other. My sweet dewdrop, I won't let you out of grasps again'.

Just when they are about to arrive at the first village, Hanabi slowly opened her eyes; awoken from her nap. 'So comfortable,' she thought as she shifted her body a little. Her eyes looked at the distance and saw the village. "The Rainfall Village," she exclaimed in happiness as she sat up.

"What is so special about this place?" a voice asked. She looked to her side to see Aamon with an amused smile plastered on his face. She blushed as she was embarrassed to show her enthusiastic side to him.

"Erk! What are you doing here, my lord?" she asked in surprised.

"My lord?" he asked in surprised, "a while ago you were calling me 'Aamon', dewdrop".

"What? I never..." she trailed off, when she remembered that she drunkly called out for him. Aamon smirked when he saw her flustered face. "Apologise, for my odd behaviour, my lord," she apologised as she turned away from him.

"Dear dewdrop, I will repeat once more," he repeated once more, "do call me Aamon, like our times as kids; or do I have to punish you?" he pulled her, making her fall on his lap.

Hanabi's face by now was flushed red. "Very well, Aamon," she addressed him by his name. "But please, leave the rest to me and continue to rest with your family," she begged.

"Very well; be careful now dewdrop," he returned back into the carriage, right when Gusion was about to wake up. "Good morning, little brother," he greeted with a smile.

"You are in a good mood, big brother," Gusion pointed out as he let out a yawn.

"Let's just say I had a fun morning," he replied.

The carriage then stopped, jolting a bit and waking up the Duke and Duchess. "What happen?" the Duchess asked.

Then there were three knocks against the carriage doors. Aamon opened the door to revealed Hanabi. "Your graces, we must stop here and camp her for a few hours," she reported.