CHAPTER 1

I am Sahuban, Sahuban sultan, haseki Sahuban sultan, valide Sahuban sultan.   am a legal wife of late sultan Osman khan, and a mother of his six children, four on earth on two angels in heaven.

I gave birth to my eldest Murad who just became a sultan, he learned me how to be a mother, he learned me how to love, then i gave birth to my eldest daughter Shirin, after that to Nesrin and youngest daughter Mahpeyker then my angel Sehzade Selim who was killed i the war and his twin brother Bayazid who died because he was poisoned, their deaths broke my heart into the million pieces I thought I couldn't live my life anymore... 

Even thought I had to share my love with late Gulbanu sultan, I was the first choice. Gulbanu was always jealous of me, even when we were young concubines, when she gave birth to her only son Mahmud she thought she was superior than me... She ended up killing herself after her son was executed because he wanted to start a rebellion.

But as for late valide Emine sultan, we didn't have a good relationship at all. She always hated me for some reason, she was constantly sending Osman woman trying to get rid of me, and one of them was Gulbanu herself. She was very delighted when she gave birth to Sehzade Mahmud and she thought that was my end, she was wrong of course because Gulbanu's eyes never saw a golden road again. When she died the title of ruler of harem was mine and now her chambers are also.

My relationship with my late husband was always great, he always looked after me and out children, I just loved him with my whole heart and life without him is very hard but I have to go forward for the sake of my children.

Our merciful God also gave me the opportunity to be a grandmother. My son Murad has two sons on his own, Sehzade Osman who was named after his grandfather and Sehzade Ahmed who was named after his great grandfather. Their mother is Afife sultan, she was a very good girl, the first time I was her, I noticed a fire in her eyes, the same fire I had years ago when I entered this palace.

,,MAKE WAY! SULTAN MURAD KHAN HAZRETLERI!" The man yelled making every soldier bow down in front of my lion who just stepped on the throne. I looked at him from the tower of justice alongside his sisters and chef favorite, Afife, with such proudness, I couldn't believe I've made it to this day. 

,,May God give my son a long life." i muttered as the ceremony continued, my Murad, my strong lion. He was not a child anymore but a powerful sultan...

,,Amin, validem." My daughter Shirin muttered. I couldn't describe my happiness at that moment, I never imagined myself as a valide sultana, but i guess I became one now.

The ceremony was soon ended and I organised the lunch in my chambers. All my three daughters and daughter-in-law with here children were there, the atmosphere was filled with music and young girls dancing. 

,,Osman, Ahmed, my brave boys!" I hugged my grandsons tightly, they looked just like their father.

,,MashAllah, Afife, they're healthy." I muttered caressing one of the boys  cheeks as she looked at me with a proud smile.

,,They are indeed, such lions... And I wanted to tell you the another Sehzade is on the way, I am two weeks pregnant!" She said making me almost jump out of happiness, first Murad becomes a new sultan, now I will have another grandchild.

,,Congrats, Afife, may it be healthy, I'm very delighted with the news ." I said with a huge smile as cutely I patted her shoulder.

,,May it have a long life with its father and mother." Nesin added.

,,Amin." Sirin and Mahpeyker mumbled with a slight grins on their faces.

,,Granny, will I have another  brother?" Three year old Osman pulled my sleeve making my heart flutter with cuteness.

,,We don't know that yes, my lion cub, all we hope for is a healthy baby, nothing more." I said running my fingers thru his soft hair.

,,Well I want a brother!" Osman said stubbornly making all of us chuckle at his words.

,,Gulcemal!" I called out my maid's name who came running and bowing before me in a huge hurry, like she was scared of me.

,,Yes, valide sultanim." She said still bowing making me feel proud with the title she called me.

,,Call Shiri sultan and tell her I want to see her as soon as possible, I have to talk with her." I ordered.

,,As you commend, sultanim

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

,,As you commend, sultanim." She bowed down in front of me ad left my chambers. Seconds after my precious daughter Shirin was here.

,,Validem." She bowed. I extended my hand to her before she kissed the back of it.

,,Sirin, my most beautiful daughter... Come sit with me, we need to talk about something very important." I said showing her the place next to me.

,,So as you may now, the time to marry you off has come and I wanted to ask you do you have someone on your mind?" I asked giving her a choice. I knew that some born sultanas were forced into marriage with man their mother chose  for them, and most of them stay unhappy of the rest of their lives which I never wanted for my precious Shirin, now any of my daughters.

,,I do actually... Validem, I want to mary Onur Ali Pasha." She said to me making me smirk, he was the same man I wanted her to marry off to, great.

,,Grand-vizier, you have a good eye, honey. I wanted him to be your husband also, looks like we agree on this one, it looks like it's settled then. I'll talk to your brother and hopefully you'll marry Ali pasha in no time." I said to my daughter who had the happiness in her eyes.

,,Thank you so much, validem." She pulled me into a hug.

VALIDE SULTAN OF THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें