Chapter One

Authors note: I hope you all enjoy this new thranduil fic. And I personally think it will be quite an adventure. Out of all of the fics I've wrote about thranduil this one feels a little different. A little sweeter not so tragic. And the lady isn't the same hard driven queen. She's a regular lady that has innocents and fierceness. A woman that wants peace and tries to show her sisters the right way. Thranduil is well thranduil he is cold hard rigid and so lonely it's sad. This fiction will happen after the Great War of men and elves. Before erebor and while Legolas is young. I hope you all will give me some feedback by voting or commenting I love comments. And so enjoy. :)

Ps the names are nicknames the girls have for their elvish names.

Oncoming storm

Her head snapped up at the peal of thunder shaking her cottage. It wasn't the thunder that had caused her to break such focus she gave to her candles and soaps. No it was something much more than that. It was rather the chilling feel of familiar faces approaching and blood dripping away with the rain.

She rose and dashed to the door, though it was more like she glided over the floor. She slid the bar away and opened to door. There stood three drenched faced she knew all too well. The body of her eldest sister was limp and supported by the other two.

"Bring her in quickly" she stepped aside and then let her keen lightning struck eyes gaze through the darkness. Nothing was out of place on her farm. Nothing stirred in the shadows.

Berry and faë had already cleared the table and was laying Fala out on it. She gathered the kettle of warm water and poured it into a large wooden bowl. Rags were gathered along with bandages and herbs.

"What brought this about?" She queried as she pulled her sisters tunic off and proceeded to survey the arrow lodged in her side.

"We ambushed the Kings men. Once reinforcements came we meant to disappear but..." Berry trailed off nervously as their gazes locked.

"A blind shot struck her. " faë finished gaze firmly locked to her own feet.

She shook her head at their shame and their consistent need to do violence. She motioned them to hold her down as she place a small stick between her sisters teeth.

"Fala you will most defiantly feel this in the morning. Hold her still. " in one fluid motion she pushed the arrow forward in its path releasing it from the flesh.

And only thunder and her sister muffled scream of pain filled the silent night. For nothing stirred in this oncoming storm.

*******************************

"Tell me where did this wine come from? Did you find the source?" The velveteen voice questioned with a quirk to his regal brow. Long elegant fingers rotated the cup

"I found it in the stall of a young woman in the village of Craínsvale." Thranduil gave his servant a studying look.

"And you went to see her this morning correct?" The servant was avoiding something.

"I did my lord. The lady was at her cottage. She was very busy and ... Flustered. She told me in no uncertain words..." He broke off gaze falling to the floor.

"Yes" the annoyance leaking into his voice.

"Forgive me my lord for the words i must repeat. The lady said simply that if her kingly drink was so desired by said king then the king himself could come haggle for an order of it."

He rose from his throne indignation coursing through him at a mere commoner deeming to request such a ludicrous thing.

He took a breath to calm himself. "Where exactly is this woman's dwelling ?"