Chapter 10

Athena had no trouble getting to the human town, the asshole following her as usual. Skipping the coffee and bookstore, she opted to find a busy store and a spot in the parking lot. Placing the envelope inside her gym bag, she locked up before going in the store. The first place she headed was the fragrance area, dousing herself with every sample available to mask her scent.

Adequately satisfied she would be able to slip out unnoticed, she wound her way through the store then dashed out. She entered the address Gramps gave her into the GPS, leading her downtown. Frowning, she pulled into a lawyers office and Gramps' truck wasn't in the lot.

She grabbed her bag and sniffed the air, getting traces of Gramps and Grandma's scents. Walking in the front door, she is assaulted by her grandparents.

"Oh honey, how are you holding up?" Grandma asked.

"I'm fine."

"You might be good at hiding your emotions, but you can't fool me. You can stay in your delusion. For now." They both hugged her tight.

"Here's the stuff from mom." Athena took the packet from her bag, handing it over to Gramps.

"Excellent! I'll take these back to the boys," he turned and walked down a hallway.

"Grandma, what's going on? Why are we at a human lawyer's? How did you get here, I didn't see Gramps truck."

"We got a ride from Uber, Mike and Chris are both visiting other packs for us. The rest of your questions will be answered, but not by me."

"Where is everyone?" Athena asked as she looked around the empty office.

"It was important to have privacy so the workers went home."

"Why?"

"You'll find out when I do dear."

After an hour of visiting, Gramps called them back to a conference room. "Have a seat Athena. Do you remember your grandmother?" Athena looked at Linda, "your father's mother."

"Not really, she died when I was young."

"Hmm, well, let me start at the beginning, since I doubt you've heard it. Ryan is four years older than Michelle, and she was twenty-one when they met. I finally convinced her to attend the games, in hopes of finding her mate. Michelle worried that her mate would be upset about her being an Omega. Turns out she had good reason." Gramps paused a moment.

"Ryan was always disappointed with Michelle, he treated her with distain, especially in the first years together. I found out years later that Ryan wanted to reject her. His father stopped him, because having a weak true Luna is better than rejecting a destined one to take a chosen one."

"My mother isn't weak! Did he forget she has Alpha blood?"

"He didn't care, her Omega gene was the only thing he focused on. Because of his treatment of her, she miscarried her first two pups. His mother, Susan, was the one to rescue Michelle, making her stand up to him. He either changed his ways or she was going to reject him. By that time, she'd been Luna a couple of years and had the support of many wolves."