2 • THE INTERN

"Vaibhav Aaj Sharma ji ki beta ki sagai hai

"Vaibhav Aaj Sharma ji ki beta ki sagai hai. "
(Vaibhav, today is Sharma jis son's engagement. )

"So? " He replied perplexed by the statement.

"I am going to the temple today and your father is going to Surat and Anirudh is coming with me . Our families have been friends for so long. Someone has to go from our family Naa. "

"Par ma" (But ma..)
Par war kuch nahi. Anu will come with you. The bride was her senior in college.

Vaibhav had an important meeting at noon. He had to conduct an interview for his new assistant. His last assistant had resigned a few weeks ago as he was moving back to his native place.
But the great Vaibhav Parekh was still afraid to talk back to his mother.

After her lecture of 30 minutes consisting of how even Sharma ji 's son , an engineer is getting married, how her son was becoming a disappointment by not marrying and what a good girl Divya was.

Her words entered through one ear and left through the other.

Divya Singh. The only daughter of his father's bestfriend , Mr Divyank Singh and Mrs Naina Singh.

Turns out she was in love with him the moment they met at a family get together and has been behind him since then.

But her true love only remained true only when she was in front of the elders. He always had this capability of reading people and she was the vilest one yet.

First of all he was never going to marry and even if he did it was never going to be her.

In the end Vaibhav figured that he could just go to his office after the engagement. So he got ready in a simple button down shirt and pants casual enough for an engagement and formal enough for an interview.

»«

"Ruhi everything is ready right? "

"Ha kaku. Everything is perfect. "

"Thank you beta. I don't know what I would've done without you. "

"Aree kaku you have always considered me your daughter right? Then why these formalities. "

She chuckled. "Sahi hai. You go be with her. "

Still smiling, Ruhi nodded at her.

Mrs Sen looked at the happy girl "hey bhagwan iske zindagi se yeh Khushi kabhi kisi cheen na le"
(O God, never take away this happiness from her life)