Chapter 4: The Princess and Her Servant

Authors Note: 

Hello. From the beginning, I was planning to take this story differently from other novels that take America or other countries into another world. In further explanation, chapter(s) are dedicated to a unique tale within this story, while also progressing the main story. This chapter isn't really what it's supposed to be for my focus of this story, but it's satisfactory to me, and I hope it is to you. The tales will always have parts of the U.S. segment that should keep some readers happy. I hope that this approach is enjoyable for the readers. Upcoming tales will be split into multiple chapters.*

To clarify, it's not from the perspective of the United States but other characters' lives within the world and how the U.S. impacts their lives in some shape or form.

*I hope my explanation is understandable :)*

———

Kingdom of Reinburg

Freita

June 7, Dual Calendar Year 1589

Her eyes open...

After months...

Weeks...

A lot of time has passed in their voyage. The maid stretches her body and breath a sigh of relief. She turns to the side of the bed to get up, and her body aches from the beatings done by the pirates.

"God... it hurts..." She winces in pain. A small tear dropped onto the floor.

Sofia isn't going to attend to Princess Krisia at this current state. So, she has to remain upbeat. She remembers back on the weird gray ships. Inside, there are a lot of compartments, and there's not a single sight of wood anywhere! To Sofia, the steel dragons on that flat ship were scarier than she had seen in her lifetime.

The kind sailors of the United States treated her wounds, and the equipment in their medical room was fascinating to look at. The weird beeping sounds come from a screen emitting light. Luckily, Sofia was recovering quicker than expected. She remembers one time that she spoke to John Lewis, a doctor onboard the intriguing ship. His accent is unique, and their appearances are "unfamiliar."

After dressing in her usual royal outfit, she went to the kitchen through the grand hallways to prepare breakfast for Princess Krisia.

The regular black tea and her meals.

After putting it on a service cart dressed with white cloth, she sings along to the folk tales while going to the princess' bedroom.

She hums, "The green and gray birds... shall fly from the blinding light... the loud sounds from their windmills..."

It was the one that she instantly remembers back on the voyage... it's not a bird... it's more like a steel dragon. Only some have these "windmills."

Her shoulders relax, "Maybe this folk tale might be true."

The door to the princess' bedroom shows up, and she knocks on it.

"Sofia!" she announces.

"Come in!" Princess Krisia says.

Sofia opens the wide doors and sees the morning sky of Freita shining through the windows into the room. The princess is still in bed, recovering from the long voyage. There are still pieces of glass on the floor as two steel dragons from the United States flew over here.

"Any issues so far?" Sofia asks as she prepares the bed tray table.

"Ah... I don't think so..." Krisia's eyes are not wide-open yet.