Chapter 10 - Lights Off

"I need to tell you something.", Keith whispered.

With both of his hands, he took the hands of Y/N, giving Y/N a deep gaze into the eyes. Y/N and Keith were standing so close to each other, not even a paper clip would fit between them anymore. Y/N could feel the heartbeat of Keith. It beat fast. Y/N also could feel the breath of Keith and while being so close to Keith, Y/Ns heart started beating faster. Jim still sat on the sofa, staring out the window and watching the thunderstorm whirling around. His silhouette seemed to be wrapped in a soft mixture of light flashes and darkness. The group spent so much time drinking tea, they almost forgot the time and how late it actually was now. Again, another night came down to Earth, but it would not be a silent night as the thunderstorm still created some chaos outside. 

They better stayed inside during this creepy thunderstorm night! So, Jim just sat there and watched the flashing strikes of the lightning and dark clouds outside, while Keith and Y/N stood in front of the kitchen, trying to talk to each other. The thunder made loud sounds in the background.

What do you need to tell me?", Y/N asked, impatient and curious what Keith was about to say.

Keith just opened his mouth, he was about to say something. What would it be? Something important? Probably.

But then, a huge lightning stroked into the ground outside. The lightning was so incredibly strong, it lightened the room like a bright spotlight on a stage. Y/N was frightened and winced, while Jim had kinda the same reaction as Y/N. Keith did not seem to be scared or showed any frightened reaction. He did not even look surprised.

After this big lightning strike, all the lights in the apartment darkened. There was no light anymore. From one second to the other, the whole apartment was filled with eternal darkness. The flashing lights of the lightning, which were flickering from time to time outside, were the only source of lights right now. The electricity was not working anymore. One of the lightning due to the thunderstorm probably hit a power line and this was why the apartment of Y/N was covered in darkness right now.

Y/N just saw the silhouettes of Keith and Jim.

I do not like the darkness. Space is dark enough.", Jim mentioned.

Let me just get some candles.", Y/N said.

Y/N walked to a cabinet which was next to the kitchen and grabbed some candles and matches. Y/N put some candles on the desk in front of the sofa and lightened them. Then, Y/N also put some candles onto the kitchen counter and also lightened them with the matches. Now, there was at least some source of lights, although it was not comparable to the powerful lights of the lamps. Sadly, the moon was not visible as the sky outside were covered by many dark clouds. So, the moon was hidden.

Hopefully, the power failure would be over soon.

Y/N sat down on the sofa, right next to Jim. The apartment was shrouded in darkness, and only the flickering light of the few candles could illuminate the scene a little. It was still very dark, although the candles created a cozy atmosphere as there were flickering.

Y/N was now sitting on the sofa between Jim and Keith. Y/N looked at Keith with hope. He was just about to say something, but it seemed to be that the moment was just over? He did not show any attempt to say anything again. But did he not feel the need to tell something to Y/N?

So, the three sat on the sofa, surrounded by the flickering lights of the candles inside and the flickering lights of the powerful lightning and thunder outside. It was a very special moment. Y/N felt comfortable, although it was still dark and the wind was howling outside like a big gray hound.