Chapter 3

"Princess Alisa, where are you heading if you don't mind me asking?" Mabel asked as she walked a few feet behind Alisa.

"I'm heading for the village. No need for a carriage, I already have one prepared." Alisa spoke softly.

"Well then, I will go attend to my duties, farewell Princess Alisa." Mabel scurried away to a room, the sound of Alisa's heels echoed through the halls.
-Time Skip-
'Finally out of the castle for a change.'Alisa stepped out of the carriage with the help of the coachman. Alisa looked at the chatty village, it sure was more lively than back at home. She

Everyone was minding their own business, a few were admiring the princess, but overall many were relaxing on this sunny day. The princess had no time to appreciate their admiration, she had other plans.

She strolled around the town, searching around stopping many ladies playing in the town with one another or with little kids. Alisa smiled, it was nice to see someone be so content and cheerful. If only her parents let her have closer friends back then…

Pushing those depressing thoughts aside, she walked further along the town, gaining stares from the townspeople but that didn’t bother her. She made her way towards her favorite part of the town, the part where most of the kids would go to play hide and seek, tag, and much more.

She turned the corner, it’s still the way it was when she was a kid. The grass was lush and the plants were still being taken care of by the townspeople that live nearby. The one difference was that there were no children, it was always filled with the cheery kids laughing and playing. It felt empty, but it was peaceful empty.

Alisa sat on the grass, still as soft as it used to be. Alisa took a deep breath and smiled. She closed her eyes and let the breeze flow through her hair.
-
“Princess? What brings you to the community garden?”

Alisa opened her eyes, turning and seeing a pretty cute lady, she looked like she’s in her late teens,  standing from afar. “I’m just enjoying the breeze.” She replied. “Would you like to sit beside me?” Alisa softly patted the patch of grass next to her.

The lady walked over before halting, “Are you sure Princess? I don’t want to disrespect you,,”

Alisa chuckled, “You won’t disrespect me, you don’t have to worry.”

Alisa took a closer look at the lady, she had fair skin, along with shimmering black hair, and emerald green eyes. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Princess!” She squealed as she sat a short distance from her. “This will not be *too* important but my name is Sarah.” The lady, now known as Sarah said.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Sarah.” Alisa laid back a bit, “I came to the village to recruit some ladies to train as maids and I think I found the first perfect candidate.” Alisa turned to Sarah, who was staring at her in awe. “Would you Sarah, become my maid in training and be with me until you have become the best maid in the kingdom?”

Sarah stared at her before shaking her head aggressively, “Oh my gosh, really?” She cleared her throat. “I mean, It would be an honor to become your maid in training!” Sarah bounced in excitement.

“Well then, would you like to accompany me to the kingdom to do the paperwork for this to be official?” Alisa stood up, dusting her dress a bit before waiting for Sarah to stand. Sarah jumped up, “Yes Yes Yes, I would love to! Let me go tell my parents the news!!” Sarah rushed out of Alisa’s sight around the corner. Alisa smiled, ‘What a cheerful lady’
-
“I’m so sorry to keep you waiting!” Sarah rushed back. “Oh it’s no big deal, I didn’t mind feeling the breeze and smelling the fresh flowers.” Alisa said as she turned from a garden bed. “Shall we go now?” Sarah nodded and they started walking towards the kingdom.
-
They pretty much walked in silence, little bits of stares from other townspeople and a bit of small talk to get to know one another.

“So Princess, is there a particular reason why you want to teach ladies to become maids, although you don’t know much about it yourself?” Sarah asked, wanting to make a bit of small talk. “I wanted to show my father that I can be responsible even with many tasks to do. I want to show my sister that although she is way better than me in everything, I can still surpass her by getting more responsibilities and succeeding in completing them.”

Sarah stared at her, “Weren’t you going to become the next queen either way even without doing any of this 'training maids' thing?” Sarah questioned. Alisa stayed quiet for a while before answering, “That’s a good point, but if my sister gets better reputation than me than it would’ve been a matter of time that she threw me off the throne.” Alisa explained to Sarah, "Most of the townspeople don't really respect me and just want my sister to be queen, but I'll show them I can be responsible and caring for them." before Sarah could respond they made it to the front of the kingdom, guards awaiting their return.
-
“Welcome back Princess Alisa.” One of the guards said, moving to the side as they opened the gate for her and the future maid. “Thank you.” Alisa and Sarah walked in.

Sarah was in awe, she felt honored to be standing so close to the castle. “Are you sure it’s alright for me to step into the castle? I feel so out of place here,,” Sarah looked around.

"It's totally fine, either way you'll be given the choice of living here temporarily for the maid job." Alisa walked inside as Sarah followed.

"Living. Here?" Sarah stared into the distance, "In the castle?" Her wide smile grew on her face. "This feels like a dream come true!"

"This way, you will have to read some paperwork to see the responsibilities a maid holds, then you will sign it after agreeing to everything on the paper." Alisa led her to the small study room, which was just across one of the maid's personal room.

"Sounds easy enough for me!" Sarah walked over to the small table. "That is everything you need to read to make sure you agree with all that is on the paper." Alisa handed her a stack of papers, referencing rules and boundaries set in the castle. Sarah blankly stared at the stack, "This is all of it?"

"Yes it is." Alisa smiled.

"I changed my mind, this is going to take a while…" Sarah let out a nervous laugh.
-end of Chapter 3-