18. Long Lost Son

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdwk3r7F/?k=1
Somebody in the comments suggested a fanfic about it so I did.

When Mary saw Guy for the first time she felt a sense of familiarity, as if she had met the child before which was impossible. The boys hair had the same golden glow as Francis, and the same straightness ass Mary's. Mary couldn't help but compare the two, they golden locks were nearly identical besides the fact the Francis had curls and the boy did not.

When the six year old called her mom, it felt right. She knew he hadn't actually addressed her as mom, but rather ma'am, but couldn't bring herself to care. It was as if he was meant to call her mom.

Francis glanced over at his enthralled queen who was practically beaming with an emotion her couldn't differ. He also felt almost fatherly in a way he had only felt about John. Francis felt protective of the little boy for no apparent reason.

Mary felt a spark of hope when she noticed Francis's face. Could it possibly be  their long lost son, James? But how? No. She would not let her judgement be clouded with delusions of false hope. But still her eyes continued to drift to the little boy even after the family had moved away to another table. Unknown to her distracted mind, Francis had already asked Bash to dig for information on the entire family. He too was unable to ignore the hope in his heart.

Hours later Bash asked to speak privately with the King and Queen of France and Scotland.
"The child was 'found' by a guard outside their estate five years ago at one year of age." Bash reported, dark eyes serious.
Mary leaned against Francis for support as she felt rather faint.
"Is it possible it could be him?" Francis asked, not even needing to clarify who 'him' was.
"It appears so. Maybe we weren't looking in the right direction before. I shall question their guard without delay." And so he made haste to the stables.

Another day of restless sleep for the two royals passed before Bash returned. He brought with him Guy, presenting him to the emotional couple.

"Are you my real parents?" Guy or James asked.

"We are." Francis and Mary half sobbed before embracing him.

And just like that the royal family was reunited after five years apart.