CHAPTER 4: GOODBYE

After losing her mother, Asven's sorrowful condition didn't improve. He suddenly went into a high fever and stayed home. Neisha, Syaga and Ambrios try their best to take care of him and comfort him but it was to no avail.

Asven seems like he was trapped in his isolated world without his mother by his side. This was something unpredictable on their side when they knew he always prevailed for any hardship to come at him before, but now...

He looks lifeless.

It was until he didn't want to eat or drink that Syaga finally snapped at him.

"Enough! Asven, if you want to die then die all you want! I don't care anymore!" Syaga shouted at him before he went out of Asven's room and slammed the exit door on his way out.

He cared for Asven but Asven couldn't see him or them anymore. All he did was stare straight like nothing affected him. He didn't even flinch when Syaga slammed the door which made a small vibration in the house.

"Mother... Where are you...?" Asven whispered in a hoarse voice.

His whole body was very thin and malnourished. He still survived because Neisha had asked some medical assistant to put an IV bag on Asven. They also force-feed him when the time comes up as scheduled. For now, no one was there.

Asven turned his hollow eyes toward the open window with no glass. The night sky was covered with many twinkling stars.

"Home... I want to go home..." Absently, he said.

He slowly stood up but stumbled down because of his weakened legs and body. He crashed into a small cabinet that cut his right hand a little. Blood slowly comes out of it. He looked at the cut without expression of pain.

He doesn't seem to feel anything. Even walking to the exit door feels so light. The tube from the IV bag was detached from him when he exited his room. After getting out of the house, he looked to two paths, left and right.

The right was where he usually went to work and the left was somewhere else in the city. Asven walked slowly to the left path. He didn't know how long he had to walk and sometimes he fell down on the dirty street but he would get up after a moment.

Anyone who sees him stays away from him. They felt he was a creepy fellow due to his unkempt hair and his attires. He didn't even wear shoes when he got out of his house because he no longer cared. Soon, blisters covered the bottom of his foot with some trace of blood marking each step he took.

"I smell a doggy. Yuck!" A robust and tall man at a height of 1.85 metres said in disgust after sniffing the air.

"Oh, which way?" Another man asked.

He was small at a height of 1.57 metres and had a lean body.

"Why?"

"So, we can capture it?"

"Huh? What do you want a doggy for?"

"As usual. I killed the last one from the dog species. I want to have a replacement for it."

"Tsk! You're crazy as always, Vrix."

The robust man turned around in a direction.

"Hey, Kriel, where are you going?"

"To your new dog. Where else?"

"Great!" Vrix, the lean man, followed after.

They found Asven standing rigid in the middle of a block path. They were wondering why this person was standing there unmoving and moving closer.

"Oh, shit! This dog is useless to me." Vrix said after seeing Asven's hollow eyes without feeling.

"Yeah... And he really looks like shit too. Where did this guy come from?" Kriel frowns.