CHAPTER 5: THE HEAT

Thirsty...

Hungry...

And so tired...

Why didn't anyone look my way?

Don't you see how much I am suffering...?

Why can't you lend me a hand?

I'm cold...

Asven stares deadly while laying in the cold alley. Actually, the alley was dark and narrow, and he was in his other form, a small and thin pup. His smooth bluish-white fur was now covered in dirt, dry blood from the recent injuries he got from the street bullies and something slimy like tar oil sticking to it.

He looked hideous and creatures who walk either on one, two or many legs were unable to take notice of him. They thought he was trash among the junk in the alley. More so when it was nighttime.

Is this the end...?

I am sleepy...

He noticed a lady in a dark suit and tight attire that showed her slim figure and big bust chest, was walking. He was too tired to lift his head and felt a little dizzy because of his hunger.

Who's that? She's so beautiful...

It was his last thought as he fell into a deep abyss and fainted. Unbeknownst to him, that lady stops in front of the entrance to the alley. She was one of the women Asven saw in front of his friend's brothel, Anya Zinyu.

Asven is unable to smell her sweet scent which shows her coming from the witch tribe because his five senses all were in a jumble.

"The dead anima is coming from here. Ah, it is coming from the puppy. What a poor one..."

The lady used her inner power to push away the junk on Asven's body and surroundings. Then, his body was lifted through her telekinesis. She frowned because she felt the pup's weak breath.

"Poor one, have a good dream tonight. May the moon embrace you in her light."

She realised Asven was a wolf and guessed that he was very young. She brought Asven with her and took him to her rented house.

"I need the dead anima from him. But he is so dirty. Let's wash him first."

A few moments later...

Anya was astounded after seeing the bluish-white fur. She brushed it gently and found it was so soft like silk. Wolves naturally have smooth fur and this was the first time she had ever touched one in her life. She also had healed him with her magic but the dead anima still came out of him.

"His fur is so silky. Should I shave him and make a blanket of it? But his size is too small to make one." She thought and then went to sit on her bed where Asven was put on it.

"The dead anima is getting stronger. This one won't last long anymore. I should make haste to suck his anima before his soul leaves this universe."

She crossed her legs on the bed and closed her eyes. Slowly, a blue aurora covered her body and she floated in the air. The dead anima which was in a black aura came out of Asven's body and slowly moved toward her.

While she sucked them, Asven's body twitched. He was in a dream... A dream showing his past where his mother was still alive.

He was very happy making biscuits for her in the small kitchen attached to his royal room. He moved slowly since he was very fat.

"This is delicious, Asven! Did you make a new recipe again?" Her mother asked while smiling in delight after tasting one of the biscuit types that looked like a creampuff.