Rock Bottom

(I wanted to take this moment to speak on the baby formula shortage. This shouldn't be taken lightly in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. There are too many babies being born, and companies are unable to keep up with the supply of formula.
DON'T MESS WITH KIDS AND KEEPING THEM FED- NO KID DESERVES TO STARVE. And fuck that anchor that said immigrant babies should starve to make room for "true American babies". Don't be racist, keep abortion legal, Humans are falling a part. Kids shouldn't only matter before they're born.) 

Johnny had been feeling sick all week since the big argument between him and his husband. Whatever Sodapop had, he had it now. He called off of work and was resting up in bed. The couple had stayed quiet about their problems, keeping all the issues inside of their home. Trying to not let it affect their baby. Johnny was terrified of leaving his own broken home only to make one for himself in his new life. Johnny was currently tucked under the covers, home alone with the baby. He was scared to care for Lemon though, because he didn't want to get him sick. Therefore, he called up his only outlet: Ponyboy. Pony was more than happy to come over and help out with the little one.

Maybe if he was up for it, Johnny would open up about the fight.

Ponyboy had a key to the home, so Johnny didn't try to answer the door when he heard someone messing with the knob. He at least hoped it was just Ponyboy trying to get inside. When he heard the door shut and lock, he knew it was just Pony. Burglars don't lock the door behind them- did they?

Johnny continued to simply lay still and let things happen. He heard a soft knock and then the door opened. Some soft footsteps could be heard next.

"Pony...?" Johnny croaked.

"Hey hun, I'm here. I'm going to check on Lemon and then I'll be back for you. Okay?" He said. Pony was really worried about the friend, but he was here to help the baby and clean up. Make sure the home was sanitary so no more illness would spread around.

Johnny hummed in response; even that sounded raspy. Ponyboy left the room to care for the baby.

Ponyboy made sure to sanitize his hands before picking up Lemon. He was awake, he just wasn't making a fuss. There was a time management magnet board next to his crib. It showed the last time he was fed, bathed, changed, etc. He thought that was a very efficient system. It was to prevent overfeeding and Lemon being neglected in general because they couldn't remember things. It had been almost three hours since he last ate, which was around the time Johnny contacted him. So it was time for another bottle for the little guy.

He picked Lemon up and took him into the kitchen. He put the baby in a small play crib they had out in the living room. He brought it into the kitchen so he could keep an eye on him. Pony then started to walk around to make a bottle. Boiling the water, mixing in formula, shaking it up, letting it cool off. Then he went back to the baby boy, picking him up and holding him. He sat down on the couch and fed the baby. When Lemon was all done eating he was burped.

Ponyboy was going to play with the baby, but little Lemon was much too tired to do anything else. So he simply put the playpen back into the living room, and then put the baby down for a nap after about thirty minutes. When he was done with the baby, Pony went to check on his friend again.

"Hey Johnny... I'm back. Have you taken any medicine in the past four hours?" Pony asked, gently awakening his friend. He couldn't sleep off the illness forever. He needed to keep up with the medicine so he would be able to properly heal.

"I... don't remember. I don't think so. I've been asleep." He said. Johnny was a mess. It always felt like one thing after the other at this point. Johnny just wanted to sleep and pretend for once that the world couldn't get him. He hated every second of it all. Johnny sat up and looked at his friend; Johnny looked like the ghost of who he used to be.