ch 3: The Encounter

New day, new beginning. And to be honest for the first time ever I am feeling enthusiastic to meet new people because I usualy have a really low social battery.

It is 8 now, in an hour my uni is supposed to start. I hurriedly put on a casual ripped jeans and a loose af sweat shirt.

"You sure you gonna wear that in the first day?" Sarah said eyeing me top to bottom.

"What's wrong in this it's quite comfy, right?"

"No doubt, but you've to make a really good impression because we do say not to judge a book by it's cover but at the end of the day we do so." She said as she took out some clothes from her wardrobe.

"Wear this top." She said.

It was a matte coloured tank top with straps. I quickly changed into it and looked myself at the mirror.

Wow. Never knew I was this snatched until now. I took out my straightener and managed to straighten out my not- too- long light brown hair.

"Perfect." I smiled.

(In the living room)

"Yeah girl, that is what I was talking about." She winked.

My stomach grumbled.

"Ah, here is your breakfast." She giggled.

I checked the time on my watch. It's 8.20. Sarah served me with a french toast, scrambled eggs and a brownie from last night.

I was quite hungry as I did not eat anything after I left my house back in Ely.
-

After finishing my food, Sarah gave me a ride to uni as it was my first day here.

"The brownies were delicious. Thank you." I smiled.

"Welcome. Good luck Olivia. And call me up after you're done with uni, i'll come pick you up." She waved me goodbye.
-

Right now, I am feeling every emotion possible.

I made my way to the entrance.

Uni just started but I was already seeing people in groups, maybe they are seniors idk.

My social anxiety was kicking in. I could feel my sweaty palms and my heart beat increasing with every passing second. I could feel stares on me.

I took up english as my major and my first period is History of English Literature.

"Hey, do you know where is the class of english major students taking place in?" A voice asked me.

A girl about 5'8" looked at me nervously. She was wearing a midi dress which clung to her pear shaped body. Her jet black hair was neatly ponytailed. She was tan skinned and had a perfect hooded eyes.

"Umm I actually have no idea yet and i'm a english major student too." I answered.

"I am Amaya Perera, I am from Sri Lanka. What about you?" She asked putting her hand forward for a handshake.

"It's Olivia Windsor speaking and i'm from Ely.....Uh which is in UK." I answered, shaking hands with her.

We asked a security to help us finding our class.
-

(In the classroom)

"So you came all the way from Sri Lanka to study here?" I asked.

"Yes, I couldn't miss the opportunity. I am staying in the girls' hostel. Are you living here too?"

"No, actually I have a elder sister who lives here so I moved in her house, last night." I said.

"Btw I love your accent." She said.

"Thanks." I smirked.

(Teacher enters)

"Please settle down, everyone. You can all call me Mr. Fitzgerald and I'm your History teacher. So let's begin, shall we?"

Mr. Fitzgerald is a quite amicable and has a very good sense of humour. He asked me questions on the Shakespearean era and not to brag as the bright student that I am, I could answer almost all his questions. And he was quite impressed by that.

Then we had our language class which was taken by Miss Hefner. She is strict and rigid and disliked notorious students but once you get on her good side she will guide you throughout. Getting on teacher's good side is not a huge task for me, thanks to my intelligence.
-
(Bell rings)

It's finally the lunch break and I am dying to take a piss. And as soon as the bell rang I ran out of my class room and headed to the lavatory.

*2 mins later*

I was relieved finally. I was washing my hands when suddenly I felt someone's presence behind me.

I immediately turned and took a few steps back.

A guy of almost 6 feet was towering over me. He had a gorgeous face with caramel coloured hair, some of the locks were falling on his eyes. His jawline and cheekbones were too prominent for me not to drool over. He seemed strong and ripped even in the black hoodie he was wearing.

I kept staring at him.

"Earth to Doll." He smirked.

"W-Who are you? And what are you doing in the girl's washroom?" I asked nervously.

"Are you sure this is the girls' washroom?" He smiled mischievously.

In that moment, I heard other male voices. I could feel my face turning red. I ran away from the situation while he and the other guys kept looking at me thinking i'm crazy.
-

"What the heck was that?" I sighed.

"Where were you? I was searching for you." It was Amaya's voice.

"I went to the washroom, I didn't know the way so I got lost." I lied.

We sat together for the rest of the lunch time.

                        ------------