ch 5: Amaya

"Olivia get your lazy ass up! I'm sure you don't wanna be late in the second day of school."

I opened my eyes with great difficulty and checked the alarm.

"Oh shit! It's 8.30 already?"

I hastily got out from my bed and bumped into my study table.

"Ouch"
-

After brushing, I was in no mood of dressing up so I pulled out an XL sized black hoodie from the closet and a denim shorts which was apparently Sarah's.

"This looks fine."

I combed my tangled hair and pulled it up into a messy bun.
-

(At the table)

Sarah eyed me top to bottom.

"What? I couldn't do better than this in 10 mins." I groaned.

"Whatever."

"I guess i'll skip breakfast."

"Whatever suits you." She said taking the car keys.
-
(In the car)

I barely checked my phone since I came to US. Mumma would've been so happy to know this.

I switched on my phone to check the time. There were a number of text messages from different people

Mom: honey? How was your first day? Do call us when you are free.

*I replied*
'Mumma yesterday was..... Good. I'm heading to school now ttyl.'

*notification from Amaya*
you're coming today right?
Me: on the way.
-
(in the school)

I was walking down the hall way, wondering if I will see Eric again. I hope I didn't scare him away.

"Boo!"

"Ugh! People should seriously stop sneaking up on me!" I exclaimed.

"Did someone else scare you?" Amaya asked with curiosity.

"Um.... No?"

"Spill the tea, already!"

"T-there is this guy who I met yesterday at school." I stopped.

"What's his name though?"

*bell rings*

"We should get going. Or else we will be late for sure." I said.
-
"So class, we will study about the first chapter which talks about the impacts of social media on various groups of people. I also planned a project which will be important for your first semester based on this, so y'all will be partnered with the one you're sitting beside now." Said Mrs. Patel.

I looked at Amaya with a huge smile on my face. She looked happy too.

"The project is due on the 2nd of the the next month. So you've one long month to prepare the project. You've time till this Friday to show me a rough of what you'll include in your project."

The period went by, and tbh I was quite excited for the project.
-
(Lunch time)

I was quite hungry as I skipped my breakfast. So I stood in the long line to buy a smoothie from the canteen.

I headed to the table where Amaya was sitting.

"Hey! I was thinking that we should start with the project soon." I said.

"True, what about I come to your house today evening and we make a rough plan?"

"Sounds good to me. I'll text you the address."
-

The rest of the day at school was quite uneventful. And I was happy that I successfully passed a day without embarrassing myself.

And you must be thinking that why did not I rant about Eric, well we did not have our guitar class today instead I had to run 3 laps in PE today due to which my whole body was aching like a bitch.
-
(At home)

*notification sound*
Amaya: text me your address?

I texted my address to her

Amaya: will reach by 8pm

It was 4pm now, so I decided to take a nap until she comes.
-

I woke up from the sound of the doorbell. I realised it is already 8. I hurried to the door and there Amaya was standing with a huge backpack.

"Heyy, I just got up now. Come in"

"I could make that out." She giggled.

"So where is your sister?''

" She returns home late from hospital so don't worry about her."
-

As soon as we entered our room she took out two bottles from her backpack which looked like wine bottles.

"W-What is this?"

"Wine, ofcourse, stupid." She rolled her eyes.

"The project?" I asked.

"Ugh Don't be such a spoilsport. Did you really think we were gonna work on the stupid project? No way."

She handed me a bottle.

Tbh this is the second time I was going to consume alcohol. The first time was 2 years back at a birthday party. The beer tasted so bad that I remember throwing up the whole night. 

"Let's watch Euphoria." She took out her laptop enthusiastically

"Okay...." I went with the flow.

Well, I already finished watching Euphoria last month but Amaya seemed too excited to watch it.

Surprisingly, the wine tasted good and I felt quite good unlike the last time. We almost completed 2 episodes.

"There is a lot of chemistry between Rue and Jules, don't you agree?" I said, my eyes still on the screen.

"Yeah, just like us."

I was taken aback. I did not expect that.

"W-What?"

"Yeah, don't you think so?" She looked me straight into my eyes.

I remained silent and I knew whatever she was saying was from her heart because I've heard that people tells the truth when they are drunk.

She leaned in and kissed me.

Idk why but I did not stop her instead I kissed her back. She kissed me passionately almost as if she wanted this to happen from a long time.

She slowly slid her hands under my top.

"We should stop." I said.

"Yeah." She moved away and composed herself.

"I think that is enough for today as it is almost 10:30pm. " She said.

"Y-yeah! See you tomorrow...... I guess."
-
What just happened? Why did she kissed me? And why did she say those things?

I admit that the kiss was good but I did not feel anything towards her....romantically.

This was my first time kissing a girl as in my school days none of the girls wanted to be friends with me because they believed that I would steal their boyfriends.... Which was not true.

I wondered whether things will be awkward between us tomorrow. But whatever happens I did not want to lose her. Because she was my first ever friend I made here.

                          ----------