what kind of name is acturus?

brief mentions of abuse !

Eloise sat on the train with her twin brother, Evan, he was silently reading while Eloise wrote in her journal. She was beyond excited about her first year at Hogwarts. Her brother on the other hand was already ready to go home. He missed his parents, despite them being complete assholes, and his room along with their dog, cooper.

The Rosier Twins's attentions were ripped away as Regulus Black, Barty Crouch Jr, and Vanessa Milkovitch opened the compartment door. Regulus, Evan, and Barty were a trio that had been friends since childhood and nothing could break their bond. Vanessa and Eloise were like two peas in a pod, they both weren't very social so they always only hung out with each other.

Vanessa was quick to sit next to Eloise. "Hello, Eloise. I hope you're excited for our first year." Vanessa said with a smile as the boys had their own conversation.

"I'm extremely excited." Eloise answered with a smile.

"How have you been since I last saw you?" Vanessa asked.

"Nothing new other than the black eye that Mum gave me. Apparently asking a question is talking back." Eloise put her book back in bag.

"My Mum said the same thing but my Dad stopped her before she could come near me." Vanessa said shaking her head.

Abuse in Pureblood Families was very common and although some of them never really liked it, none of them stopped it. Eloise shrugged before the girls continued to talk.

The next thing they knew they were being walked into The Great Hall. Eloise looked around in astonishment. Vanessa linked her arm with Eloise as they walked towards the front. Mcgonagall explained how the process would work. Once she called the students name, they would sit on the chair, and the Sorting Hat would assign them a house.

"Barty Crouch." Mcgonagall called as Regulus and Evan wished the boy luck. "Slytherin!" The Sorting Hat yelled. It hadn't even been placed fully on his before the hat could yell.

"Evan Rosier." The Older Lady called as Evan made eye contact with his sister. She gave him a nod and a small smile as the boy anxiously walked up. If the two hadn't been put into Slytherin, they would for sure receive a Howler from their Parents. "Hmm...Slytherin!" The Hat yelled making the boy let out a breath before running to the Slytherin table.

"Eloise Rosier." Vanessa gave Eloise a side hug as the girl walked up to the stool. Even Regulus sent the girl a good luck nod. "Better be...Slytherin!" The Hat yelled as she smiled before running to the table to meet her brother who hugged her. "Congrats." Barty said giving the girl a high-five.

"Vanessa Milkovitch." Eloise sat in the edge of her seat. "Gryffindor!" The Hat yelled as both Vanessa and Eloise's face fell.

"Don't worry, Sis. You still have me, Barty, and Reggie." Evan said patting the girl on the back. Her best friend had just been put in the house that her house hated the most. Vanessa couldn't even look up to meet Eloise's eyes.

After a couple more sortings it was finally Regulus' turn. "Regulus Arcturus Black." Mcgonagall said. Why had they announced his middle name? They hadn't done it for anyone else. Strange.

Eloise saw a Gryffindor boy shut up his friends as he watched intensely. He looked almost exactly like Regulus but older. She tore her gaze away from the boy before turning back to Reggie. "Slytherin!" The Hat yelled causing the boy she saw earlier to drop his head on the table.

Regulus ran to the Slytherin table and sat next to Eloise. "Congrats, Mate!" Evan said giving Regulus a high-five. "Yeah, now we're all in the same house." Barty said as Mcgonagall continued to call names.