fights?

It had been exactly three days since the whole incident happened in Transfiguration and Regulus couldn't seem to figure out his feelings. He couldn't get her out of his head. She had completely taken over his thoughts. He found himself at the table with Evan and Barty going on about something when Pandora and Dorcus came running into the Great Hall.

"Regulus! Evan! Barty!" The duo yelled getting the boys attention.

"Eloise- She- She's-" Pandora stuttered as she bent over to catch her breath. "What is it?" Barty asked urgently.

"She's fighting a 4th year by the Black Lake." Regulus and Evan glanced at each other before running out of the Great Hall. The two hadn't noticed the marauders following close behind. They had run across Hogwarts before they saw the big crowd around the two girls.

"El!" Regulus yelled as he and Sirius pulled the girls apart. Why had no teachers heard any of this? That's what everyone was thinking but they had all been wrong when they saw Mcgonagall and Slughorn running towards the group.

"What is this non-sense?" Mcgonagall asked as the group dispersed. Everyone ran in a different direction including Evan.

"Ms. Rosier? Ms. McKinnon? No one? Fine, all of you, detention. Mr. Black & Mr. Black? Please take these girls to the Hospital wing." She stomped off as Marlene and Eloise glared at each other. The two looked ready to attack each other again. All of them were about to brawl. They all had detention. With each other.

Nonetheless, Sirius & Regulus walked the girls to Mrs. Pomfrey. Each girl suffered various injuries. Eloise had a black eye, many scratches, her hair was a mess, and her nose was bleeding. Regulus had offered to carry her but Eloise shook her head. Meanwhile, Marlene suffered from a black eye, a deep scratch along her arm, a bloody nose, and a bruised cheek. Sirius was attempting to calm the girl down but nothing was working.

Why the girls were fighting? That was the question of the hour.

When they reached the hospital wing, Pomfrey told them to find one of the stretchers very far away from each other. The two girls sat on opposite sides of the room.

Regulus wiped the blood off of Eloise's face. "Wanna tell me what happened, darling?" She crossed her arms and glared at Marlene before Regulus used his fingers to guide her face back to face him. Her gaze softened as he looked at her concerned.

"She shoved me and expected me to apologize." Eloise shrugged as he shook his head.

"You hit her because she shoved you?" Regulus finished wiping her face and placed a hand on the side of her face.

"She demanded the apology when she shoved me." She said leaning her face into his hand.

"We need to work on your anger issues." He said as she let out a small laugh. The two sat in silence as Pomfrey patched Eloise up.

Once the two finished, they walked back to the common room. "You may want to prepare yourself for the million questions that you're gonna get from our friends." Regulus wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Night had fallen and it was quite chilly. She let out a sigh before turning to face the boy.

"Marlene didn't actually shove me." She muttered causing the two to stop walking.

"I figured. Will you tell me what actually happened?" She looked up at him. It was in that moment that she finally got to examine his features.

She hadn't realized how much he had changed since they were younger. He was slimmer, taller, his hair was longer, the dark circles under his eyes matched hers, and his eyes...they had a sparkle. A sparkle that she had never noticed.

"She was making fun of me. She was making fun of Evan, Barty, Dorcus, Pandora, and...you." She looked down and shook her head.

"She was just being a complete bitch and I just lost my temper. She was saying horrid things about all of us. Saying how we were cursed and how we deserve to parrish." She continued as Regulus listened. He knew that she needed to let it all out.

"Hey, it doesn't matter what McKinnon thinks. She is just another annoying gryffindor that needed to be put into her place and you did just exactly that." He pulled her into a hug as she hugged back. It was moments like this that they both believed that they would never give up on each other.

They were soulmates.

authors notes —
no thoughts, just them <3