each other

Louise shut the journal before reaching for another one. This one had a dark green leather cover along with a gold strap to hold it shut.

October 20th 1974 . . .

"Where are you taking me?" Eloise asked Pandora as the girl dragged her to the Great Hall.

"To get Dinner. You haven't eaten since your Mother sent you that letter." Pandora said as Eloise rolled her eyes. The letter form her mother was filled with why she shouldn't be eating too much since when she came home for summer break last summer, she looked to had gained weight.

"I'm fine, Pandora. My Mum is just difficult and I'm not even hungry." Lies. Truth be told, Eloise was starving but she knew better than to disobey her mother. Evan hadn't received a letter like she did. His was filled with praise of how proud she was of him about how they won the match against Gryffindor. She was on the team and help them win but no praise for her. Only that she was eating too much.

"Come on, El. One must eat especially since you still haven't fully recovered from the fight." Pandora said as the two reached the Great Hall. The fight was a rumble that occurred after the quidditch match. Gryffindor was complaining that Slytherin had cheated so the Slytherin captain, Victor Pavolisky, had punched their captain as he was tired of the complaining. Next thing she knew, she was fighting the forth year chaser, Regulus was attacking James Potter, and Evan was going for Sirius. Mcgonagall quickly ran down to break up the fight. She had suffered a concussion and a black eye plus a couple of scratchs on her face from the other girl scratching her. Once her mother heard of the fight, all she cared about was if they would be able to play in the next match or if all the wounds would be gone by christmas break.

The two walked towards the table where they saw Regulus, Evan, Barty, and Dorcus. "You look horrible." Evan said to his sister as she rolled her eyes. Eloise had grown slimmer and her sleep schedule was shit. She had dark circles under her eyes as well as her hair being a mess and the injuries from the fight truly added to the mess.

"Why thank you from those kind words, brother." She said before she attempted to slam her head on the table. Regulus caught her head in his hand.

"Not now, darling. Eat the cookie and then you can nap at the table." Regulus said as she lifted her head and grabbed the cookie. The group was shocked, no on was able to convince her to eat anything.

"What?" Regulus asked looking up from his oatmeal.

"Nothing." Dorcus dismissed grabbing an apple.

"I finished the cookie, can I take my nap now?" Eloise asked as he nodded before placing a coat he had in front of her as a pillow. She smiled as she layed her head down. This wasn't a shock to anyone. Regulus and Eloise always favored each other. Regulus always did anything he could for Eloise even if it meant that her drool would end up on his jacket. Everyone just assumed that the two were dating except for their friends. Evan and Barty tried to convince Regulus that he feelings for the girl and Pandora and Dorcus did the same for Eloise but both said they didn't and that they were just close friends.

"Do you think they'll cancel the next match because of the fight?" Barty asked.

"Hopefully not." Evan said picking at his food.

"It wasn't even our fault. Billy was the one claiming that we cheated." Regulus exclaimed.

"You guys didn't cheat this time?" Dorcus asked after taking a bite of her apple.

"No one said we didn't, and don't talk with your mouth full, it's nasty." Barty said shaking his head.

"We need to head to class. Regulus wake up Eloise." Evan said checking his watch before the group started gathering their stuff.

"Why me?" Regulus' eyebrows were furrowed.

"Because if any of us wake her, she'll hex us." Pandora said standing up with the rest of the group.

"Besides, you both have the same class since your both in advanced classes." Evan reasoned as the four walked away. He wasn't wrong. Eloise & Regulus were both taking Year Four classes since they proved to Dumbledore and Mcgonagall that they were too smart for their years classes.

He didn't know how to wake Eloise so he gently shook her. "El, it's time to wake up. We've got to go to class." Eloise slowly started to stir.

"Why can't we just cut class today? We could go sit by the black lake and you can read while I sleep." Eloise said as she sat up.

"Because we did that yesterday." Regulus said as Eloise rubbed her eyes.

"You can sleep during Transfiguration." Regulus said helping the girl stand.

"Alright." She mumbled standing from her spot.

"Come on, I've already got your bag." Regulus said walking next to the girl.

"Young Love." The two heard from behind them as they walked into class. It was James Potter. James was Eloise and Regulus' #1 shipper.

"Shut up, Potter." Regulus said as the two found their seats.

"Can't blame me." James said tossing a piece of parchment towards her.

"James Potter, I will hex you, if you don't leave me alone!" Eloise yelled turning and holding her wand to James' throat. Everyone was silent as she held the wand to the boys throat.

"Ms. Rosier!" Mcgonagall yelled walking in and seeing the wand at the Potter boy's throat.

"Yes?" She saud turning and facing Mcgonagall with a sweet smile.

"We were only having a nice conversation, weren't we Jamesy?" Eloise said glancing at the boy who nodded anxiously.

"Hmm. Alright, to your seats, everyone." Mcgonagall said as Eloise went for her seat next to Regulus.

"You didn't have to do that." Regulus said as she took her seat.

"I didn't but James annoys me." She said twirling her wand in her hand.

"You almost got in trouble." Eloise smiled at the comment.

"So what? The worst that can happen is detention? My Mother would rather I have detention than be bloated." She explained before laying her head down. Regulus admired the girl as she slept peacefully. Maybe James Potter and his friends weren't all the way wrong. Maybe he did have a crush on her.

But he would never admit it.

authors notes —
hope you enjoyed !!
i'll edit this later lmao, i'm tired🦾