Chapter 5: High Mountain

Lucky's POV

“I got that book in the part you went through earlier.” I nodded at his explanation and took the book he was holding, which he probably noticed when I asked my mind where he got it.

“Thank you so much, I don't know how I can repay you for all of your help to me and to my friend, maraming salamat talaga sa inyong dalawa.” He nodded and smiled at me. Maya-maya'y biglang sumeryoso ang mukha niya.

“Always keep that book safe because it holds the key to everything.” Nangunot ang noo ko dahil sa makahulugang sinabi niya.

What exactly does he mean by key? Key? For what purpose?

I noticed a sudden carriage-like stop in front of us with an old man, who had a long white beard and narrow eyes that appeared to be closed but were open.

The man's sister called him, “Pydo,” and the old man got out of the carriage he was riding in and approached us. Pydo, I believe is his name.

“Sila na ba?” Tumaas ang kilay ko bilang tugon sa sinabi niya, kung naguguluhan ako sa sinabi ng lalaki kanina na hindi ko pa alam ang pangalan ay mas lalo akong naguluhan sa tanong ni Pydo.

Who are these people? Why do they seem to be the only ones who understand? The big question is, are they human?

“Get in our carriage, and we'll take you to where you need to go.” Zaphael and I exchanged glances, wondering if we should accompany them. However, because they helped us, maybe they are not the type to do bad things.

“All right.” Zaphael answered them and smiled at them a little.
Pagsakay namin sa karwahe nila ay nakaramdam ako ng kakaiba, naninibago ako dito dahil sa 'ming lugar ay bihira na lang gamitin ang karwahe bilang sasakyan dahil mas kinasanayan ng  gamitin ang sasakyang gaya ng motorbike and the other modern vehicles.

“I'm just curious, what are your names?” I was also curious to hear what they would say, so it's good thing Zaphael asked that question.

“I'm Aria!” Napangiti ako dahil sa magiliw na tugon ni Aria.

“My name is Xaruel.” He introduced himself, his name seemed strange.

“I'm Pydorth, but you can just call me Pydo.” I smiled knowing his name, parang ang baho pakinggan.

Okay, I'll admit it: I'm being judgmental out of nowhere.

“Wait—what is your surname?” When I asked them, they all looked at each other and then back at me, as if I had two heads. Eh? Bakit parang nagtaka sila sa tanong ko?

“Ahm...What does surname mean, lady?” I frowned, then I looked at Zaphael, who was also frowned because we discovered they didn't know what their last name was.

Is that even possible?

“Don't you know what surname is?” The three nodded.
“Why don't you know that? Don't you have a last name?” Binatukan ko si Zaphael because he asked the three of them, it's obvious that they don't have a surname. Duh! If they have a surname, they know what the surname means! Zaphael is really stupid, tsk!

“Hey! What? Why did you hit me?” He asked, surprised. Because of his stupidity, I smacked my forehead.
Damn this man!

“Forget about that last name. By the way, I'm Lucky and this friend of mine is Zaphael,” Pagpapakilala ko sa kanila.
“You said you'd take us wherever we needed to go earlier. What exactly do you mean?” I asked them, and Xaruel sighed.

“You will also know when you arrive there, you will meet the two women there, which will be very helpful to the both of you.” Napakamot ako sa ulo ko dahil hindi rin namin na intindihan ni Zaphael ang paliwanag niya. Hays! Nevermind!

The carriage came to a halt after a few hours.

“That's all, hanggang dito na lang kayong dalawa.” When Xaruel said that, I looked at him. Zaphael and I, got out of the carriage, and the first thing we saw was the very high mountain.

“Don't tell me that's the top of the mountain you're talking about, should we go there?” I couldn't believe I asked him, he smiled and nodded, and my face frowned.

“Hell no!”

“No way!”

As we spoke, Zaphael and I looked at each other.

“I'm not going up there!” He complained, Tumaas ang isang kilay ko dahil sa reklamo niya.

“Some of your questions will not be answered if you do not go up there.” I sighed, indicating that I had no choice.

What else can we do?

“No way! I'm not going up there!” I put my hand on my waist because of Zaphael's constant complaining.

“Why don't we go up there if that's the only way to get answers to all of our questions?” When I saw the fear in Zaphael's eyes, I rolled my eyes. What is this man's issue?

“Hmm...Maybe there's another way, right?” Tumingin siya sa tatlo, pero sabay-sabay na umiling ang mga ito.

“The only way to get there is to climb that high mountain, kuya Zaphael.” Aria laughed as she said, I stared at Zaphael and my eyes widened.

“Don't tell me... you're scared of heights?” It swallowed and made me laugh out loud.

Damn it! I didn't think he was afraid of heights! Tsk! Tsk! When Zaphael acts like that, he doesn't look like a man!

“Please stop laughing!” He seemed irritated and yelled at me, but it was clear from his expression that he was embarrassed by what I discovered.

“Oh! How come I can't laugh when you're so funny? HAHA! Fuck it! Takot ka sa matataas!” Even the three of them laughed, wich irritated him even more. When he's annoyed, his face cracks up.

Zaphael walked away because he was embarrassed kaya hinabol ko siya.

“Hey! Wait a minute! Hey! Wait a minute!” Hinawakan ko ang braso niya at hinila siya para tumigil. When I looked at the three, I was surprised to saw that they had vanished. How?
“Where are they?” I ask.

“I don't know, you saw me walking, didn't you?” Dahil sa pamimilosopo niya, hinampas ko siya sa ulo.
“Geez! Nakakarami ka na ah!” I just rolled my eyes at him.

Saan na kaya napunta ang tatlong iyon? Hmm?

To be continued...