Chapter 14; Watched

Dari skipped up the front stairs of his house, with pep in his step. Most of his worries were over. Daichi reciprocated his feelings for him, and he couldn't be happier. Although things weren't going the greatest at The Drag, Dari couldn't give two shits. At least his cousin was there, and could help him out. Ddaeng was never really anyone's favorite person, and still isn't. Dari's brother, Ju-Sheng, hated Ddaeng. They never really got along when they were younger. Ddaeng was always bullying everyone, but he always meant well. He was like the fun older brother. But when Ddaeng accidentally killed a 14 year old boy, he became more.. Aggressive. Ddaeng started lashing out at times, and eventually hurt the people he loved. But Ju-Sheng never loved him. To put it in Ddaeng's words;

"I fucked up. Real bad."

Dari walked upstairs into his room, exhausted. He knew Ddaeng had come home a while ago, and was just getting out of the shower. He flopped onto his bed, sighing heavily. Ddaeng knocked on the door, and barged in with just a towel on.

"Look at this." He grinned, pointing to his neck. Dari raised his head.

"Coffee boy do that?" Dari chuckled. Ddaeng jumped onto the side of Dari's bed.

"Yeah. And there's more, but they're in places I wouldn't show you." Ddaeng laid back.

"Bro, go put some fucking clothes on." Dari said.

"Yes, yes, I'm leaving, shut up." He got up, and walked out the door. Dari groaned. His head was pounding like a drum. It wasn't the alcohol, because his hangover ended when he woke up. He pulled out his phone. No new messages from Daichi, or Ivi. Ivi was still pissed off that he broke up with her. Ivi didn't understand why he did.

Dari sighed, tossing his phone aside. Ju-Sheng walked inside his room.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey. How's Yuri doing?" Dari asked.

Ju-Sheng sighed.

"She's doing alright, being discharged later today. When I find the fucker who did this-" Ju-Sheng started.

"You'll what? You'll what, Ju? Fuck him over like he did her? You'll be just as bad." Dari interrupted. Ju-Sheng smiled a nasty smile.

"Who gives a fuck?" He broadened his smile. Dari looked at him.

"Why did you leave us?" Dari asked. Ju-Sheng's smile faded away.

"I needed my space." Ju-Sheng leaned against Dari's doorframe.

"Space from what? You're just ashamed of us, aren't you?" Dari asked.

Ju-Sheng was silent.

"You know what, fuck you too." Dari said.

"Good luck with Yuri and everything. I hope you're happy with her." Dari said dryly, turning onto his side, facing away from his brother. Ju-Sheng tilted his head, studying Dari's bare expression.

"Did you like her?" He asked.

Dari didn't respond, rolling his eyes.

"Did you like her? I'm asking you a goddamn question, fucking answer it like a human being would." Ju-Sheng pressed.

"Yes. Yes I did, are you happy? Did I answer that good enough for you, or you need something more? You wanna know about the dreams I had of her? You wanna know about the amount of times I thought about fucking her? Huh? You wanna know?" Dari jumped out of his bed, glaring down at his brother.

"Was that an answer from a human being?" He asked. Ju-Sheng was bright red with fury.

"Stay away from me. And stay away from Yuri. How about you all fucking stay away from me?" Ju-Sheng snapped, storming out of the room, and out of the house.

Satoro skipped into Dari's room.

"The fuck is he pressed about?" Satoro asked, sitting down on Dari's bed.

"I guess I told him something he didn't wanna hear." Dari smiled, holding back his tears.

"Wait till Ddaeng hears about this bullshit." Satoro laughed dryly. Kyushi zoomed past Dari's room.

"I'll be at Lilah's house this evening, don't wait up!" He shouted on his way down the stairs.

"Man-slut!" Satoro called out.

"Suck my ass!" Kyushi retorted.

Satoro laughed.

Ru peeked his head through the door.

"I have basketball practice later today, can you drive me, Toro-boro?" Ru asked.

"I hate when you call me that, and no. I've got a date." Satoro said proudly.

"Fine. Dari, take me please?" He asked.

"You're 16, you can walk to a flipping school by yourself. But fine, I'll drop you off. What time do you wanna be picked up?" Dari asked Ru.

"Pick me up at 6." Ru ran to go get dressed.

"I'll meet you downstairs." Dari pulled himself off the bed, to get ready to drop Ru off at school.

"So what's her name?" Dari asked Satoro.

"Ella, and she's very pretty." Satoro grinned.

"She sounds cool." Dari slid on a t-shirt.

"Yeah, she is.. Alright, I'm going to go now." Satoro walked out of the room.

As he was dropping Ru off at Shiro Usagi Prep Academy, he noticed someone staring at him from behind the fence. He glared back at the man. The man was Ken, the guy who'd always be standing beside Damon. The right-hand man. Dari looked away quickly once he realized who he was. Ken grinned, and approached Dari.

"Why are you here?" Dari asked him.

"My brother goes here." Ken leaned back on the wall.

"You know him? He's 6'2, with black hair and blond highlights." Ken pulled out a cigarette, lighting it with his left hand while covering the cigarette with his right.

"Probably." Dari felt his phone buzz, but ignored it.

"What does Damon want with me now?" Dari asked Ken.

"Hell if I know, but it seemed urgent." Ken replied, exhaling smoke in Dari's face. Dari suppressed a cough.

"What did he do to you?" Dari asked him again.

"Nothing that wasn't already done." Ken took a puff of his cigarette again.

"What do you mean by that?"

Ken sighed heavily, blowing out a gust of smoke.

"When I came to The Drag, I was practically nothing. Straight off the streets. I ran away from home, I was nothing but a disappointment. My brother is the only thing tying me down to sanity. He doesn't talk to me though."

"..What's your brother's name?" Dari asked.

"His name's Daichi. He's a third year student like you." Dari wanted to react, but couldn't feel his face. His boyfriend's brother was his boss.

"Oh cool. I don't think I know him." Dari lied. Ken glanced sideways at Dari, throwing his cigarette on the ground to step on it, and stop it from smoldering.

"Anyways, I'll be on my way. See you at The Drag." Ken stepped away from Dari, leaving him speechless.

"Yeah, I'll see you." Dari muttered. Daichi had been keeping a secret from him, and now he finally found out. Was the secret really worth keeping?