NEW BEGINNINGS

AKHIL

I was late as usual. I got an auto and reached my college. It was 9.45AM. My goodness. I ran inside the campus. Who the hell asked these people to build such a big entrance? My legs were paining.

I then went inside my block, which is mechanical engineering. Classes started already. Since I am a 3rd year guy, I have to go up to 2nd floor. I was going in stealth mode. I hope there is no surprise rounds today.

"Oho, late again, Mr. Akhil?" Shit. The person whom I don't want right now. I turned to see the person. It was her. Why it must be her always?? I turned to see her. She was smiling at me (which is fake of course) and even I gave a fake smile. My HoD.

She came near me with folded hands and was staring at me. "Ma'am naan vena apdiya poidrene? Please ma'am, enna mannichu vitrunga."( Maam can I just go to my class as I came? Please ma'am I am terribly sorry) I said with folded hands.

"Semester aarambichu muzhusa moonu maasam kooda aagala, adhukulla anju vaati sir late. Ethana thadava warning kuduthaalum late ah dhaan varuvinglo ?" (3 whole months of the semester itself is not complete, but sir  has come 5 times late to college. You will come late everytime how much ever I give you warnings right?)

"Yes ma'am."
"WHAT?" ,
"Sorry, no ma'am, tongue slipped ma'am."
"It will surely slip. Last and severe warning, or else, you know what I will do next."
She said. "Okay ma'am. Thank you." I said and then left for my class. 

PALLAVI

I was in my lunch break, eating at the canteen. I then got a call from Akhil. "Hello Akhil, what happened?"

"Nothing, summa call." He said. Something fishy. "Had lunch?" 
"Yes. You?"
"I am now."

"Okay."
"What happened, why sudden call?"
"Nothing... Pallavi, when you will come back home?" He asked. I know, why he is asking. "Yaen, spare saavi veetla vechu saathitiya?" (Why, you locked the house with the spare key inside ah?)

"He.. he... he.." He was giving his samalichifying (tackling) laugh. "Onnum prachanai illa, naan vara varaikum velle kada. Seriya, bye." (No problem, stay outside till I am back. Okay, bye.) I said in my most polite tone and cut the call while he was calling my name.

When will this guy become responsible, seriously I don't know. Sometimes, he is very responsible, sometimes, he is not. But he will be responsible one day.

NITHYA (AFTER 2 DAYS)

I saw my house. I don't remember it well. I was very young, like 5 months or something. It is surely big. "Nithya, welcome back to India." My mama said as he saw my eager look. "Same to you mama." I said with a smile.

"I got out of the car and took my BIG suitcase. Someone told, "Give it ma, I will carry it for you." He was a middle-aged man. "Its okay, I will carry." I said. But he took it from me and went in. I did all my things on my own. I was bought up in that way. So it was somewhat different to me. 

I entered into the house. Surely big. The verandah was so big! As I entered, I saw a big wooden stair-case and it led to a small dias. From there on either sides, there were stairs. Wow! Outside was a big garden, with a small lotus pond. My paati (Grandma) used to say she loved the lotus pond. Now she is not with me. I went up to see my room. 

It was very big!! A queen-size bed, a study table, a small sofa-set, and a small TV with attached bathroom!! I know mama is will be the one who made this. "Like your room?" I heard mama from behind.

"Of course, I love this!! But mama, I never thought you will keep this TV and sofa-set in my room." "Its your dream isn't it?" He asked me. Yes. That's actually true. We lived in a small independent house there. My paati wanted a simple life-style there. 

My room back then was small. But this one is very big! "My room is on the opposite, if you need anything, you can call me." He said and left. "Okay, even I will arrange my things." I told. We sold all our furniture in Delhi, almost all. So, all these are new ones.

My mama renovated the house. He made frequent visits to Chennai for this purpose last 3 months. "Nithya." I turned to look at him. "What mama?" "You will be joining the college next week, okay? We will be going there tomorrow for some formalities." He told. 

"Okay mama, I will be ready." I said. I am excited but at the same time scared. New place, new people. Let's see tomorrow, anyways I am going to college next week only. I will arrange my things then.

PALLAVI 

Today our new group manager is coming. I have to be on time. Akhil woke up early today. He went for a walk in the nearby park. Good that he woke up early on this day. I felt easy for getting ready. I finished making lunch. Akhil came by the time with eggs and newspaper. 

"Akhil, I will go and take a quick shower." He nodded and started reading newspaper. I took my shower and wore my kurti and plaited my medium-length hair. I then found breakfast, bread and omlette. "Akhil you made?" "Yeah."

"Thank you da." I smiled and ate my breakfast. I then gave my regular instructions (lol, what to do?? I can't be without instructing, that's my bad habit) and then started for office. I reached my office around 9. I parked my scooty and then I went inside the building.

My floor was 5th floor. I saw the elevator was about to close. I rushed soon and put my hand in the somewhat big gap for the lift to stop. I then entered into the lift to see a new person. He was tall and was unfamiliar to me. Must be new recruit.

SUBASH

I got ready for my new branch. A new beginning, we can't say that exactly. But I had good time in the morning. I got ready without any rush. The office was somewhat nearby. Even if I start by 8.15, I can reach by 9. For my old office, I must start by 7.30 itself.

I then took my car and drove to office. As usual traffic. I then drove quickly and reached the office. I parked my car in the basement and got the lift. I must go to 6th floor. I pressed 6. The lift went up and stood at the ground floor. 

The door opened and no one was there. Oh my goodness, someone must have pressed and left. I then pressed the close button but suddenly someone rushed.  "One minute." I heard a female voice and saw a hand that stretched from outside. The door opened.

I then saw a woman. She came in and smiled at me. That smile.. What is happening to me? She then pressed 5. We both were standing alone in the lift. I saw her and she saw me. She gave a light smile. She was actually beautiful. Very beautiful. I didn't know why am I feeling like this for some unknown woman who I just met now, but, her smile was warm.

The list stopped suddenly. 5th floor came. She got down and the lift closed. Who is she actually? Which department? I wanted to find quickly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Now that all people are gonna be joining in one another's journey in the next chapters, let's see what is gonna happen next. Until then, enjoy the update and shower you votes and comments :)