38

I opened my eyes to find myself in my bed, home. I was home but in bed? Panicking I got up and looked at myself, I was wearing... different clothes. Dizzy, I made myself down the stairs, my eyes teary thinking this whole thing was too good to be true, a whole dream.

As I muffled some cries in hopes to see my parents, I also felt nauseous of the thought, no Taehyung.

"Mom, dad?" I called out as I neared the kitchen and I heard footsteps. "Akira?!" My mother yelled out and embraced me. I hugged her tightly, tears trickling down onto her shoulders. "mom" I said, crying not only that I get this moment to see them but that this whole thing was unreal. "Dad" I smiled as my father kissed the top of my head. "We missed you" they said and hugged me once more. "Where Halmeoni?" I asked. "She's baking, come let's go see her" She said.

How are they taking this so lightly? Why are they not asking me questions. I heard my grandmother speaking and a familiar laugh. "Taehyung?" I said stunned. "Did you not see me too?" My grandmother asked and we all chuckled.

"This eh...young man filled us in. It was hard to believe him but your grandmother, believed him the second she saw him" My father said.

"You're actually here...wait oh my god how much time do we have left?" I asked beginning to panick. "Thirty minutes, you fainted as soon as we got here and we landed in the middle of the....where your couches are. Almost giving poor father a heart attack" he says and smiles.

"I thought, oh my god, I thought that this was just a dream...." I said and smiled.

"What do you mean thirty minutes?" my mother asks. "I was only given one hour to see you and then I have to get back or else the gate will seal" I said. "Going back? You're not staying?" she asks standing up. "As much as I'd love to....I rather there. Please come with me....I'm...about to be married" I said raising my left hand to show them the ring.

"My dear...." My grandmother said and hugged me, "This is her destiny Chai, you need to let her go" she continues. "You can stay in my castle, there's plenty of room" Taehyung suggested.

"You own a castle?" My father says. "You didn't tell them that part?" I asked. "Mom, dad, this is Prince Taehyung, ruler of Hanseong... in line to be king" I said and my father gasped loudly, so did my grandmother.

"You must know....a Sir Jeon Jeon- Hye" My grandmother says and Taehyung ponders for a while. "Yes, I'm familiar, he's my Marquees grand father" he says and she smiles even wider. "Do you know him?" he asks. "He's my great great uncle" she says and I gasp. "Jeonguk it's basically a grandfather to me" I said and cackles out loud.

"It's so good to hear you laugh Akira, we've missed you so much" my mother said.

"How did you react so calmly? Did you go to the police?" I asked and she looked at my father.

"No, your grandmother found your scarf and decided to keep hush. She knew where you had gone as a similar think had happened to her grand mother. You were gone for two weeks" my father said.

"Two weeks? You spent seven months with me" Taehyung says in disbelief. "Time is different from where you're from son" my grandmother said. "We're running out of time" Taehyung says looking at the watch. "We only have twenty minutes now" he says and my palms began sweating.

"You must eat this lotus cookie I made and carry back some" Halmeoni says and placed the tray by us. "Are you not coming with?" I asked. "And this house? What will happen to it? We have some much things to do yet...legal..who will the house go to?" my father says.

"It wouldn't matter, let's just email your lawyer, leave the house for aunt Mini and come with me" I said as I realized time was of essence.

"Mom please" I said and she looks at my father. "I will come with you child" My grandmother says. "Write that email, let's spend our lives with our daughter, email Han and tell him we're moving to I don't know, Canada and include where everything is...let's just go please" My mother begs and my father smiles.

"Take whatever you need....also I need to show you what a phone is" I said to Taehyung who kept his eyes on me at all times.

"We have 15 minutes, Akira, what are you going to show me" he whispers and laughs as I pull him to my room. I shut the door quietly and attached my lips to him, he holding me tightly.

"I would very much love to do this in this world but we shouldn't" He says and I smile. "Hey I just wanted to kiss you" I said and he cups my cheeks, his warm breath on my face as his smooth lips went over mine.

"Thank you for everything my love" I said and hugged him. We happily went back down after I bagged some of my own clothes and waited for my parents. "It's nearing one o clock let's go" Taehyung says as we walked to the kitchen.

"But where?" he asks. "The garden" my grandmother says. We scurried into the garden looking for that secret passage way. "It's the same light, let's go " Taehyung says ushering us towards the light but my father seemed skeptical. "Dad now is not the time let's go" I said and he closed his eyes and stepped through.

"See you on the other side my love" Taehyung says as we stepped in hand in hand.