your child has a bad dream

"I'm surprised you haven't fallen asleep on me yet." Soyeon joked as she shifted her gaze from the movie, staring down at you instead.

Your head rested on her shoulder as you stayed curled up under the blankets with her.

The door to your room is closed almost all the way, open just a tiny crack so your daughter wouldn't be bothered by the sounds coming from the comedy film you and Soyeon turned on.

"I'm a little sleepy but I'm not going to bed just yet. I know you're staying the night but I want to stay up late and spend some time with you." You said as you looked up at her, gazing into those soft pretty brown eyes of hers as she caressed your cheek.

With her busy schedule, she hasn't had much downtime lately.

You have a busy job, as well as a young daughter, so you're almost always on your feet.

That's why these moments are especially important to you.

You cherish every moment spent in Soyeon's embrace, feeling so much comfort and love from your girl that can't even be put into words.

"I've missed you." You softly spoke, making her smile.

"I've missed you too, baby."

She leaned in for a kiss, one that was sweet and romantic at first but became feverish and passionate as she deepened it.

She thought about asking you to close the door the rest of the way so you could make out in private without any chance of your little girl waking up and accidentally walking in on something.

But as she pulled away and stared into your eyes while brushing her thumbs across your cheeks, the sound of your bedroom door creaking was heard by both of you.

Your heads turned and that's when you saw your seven-year-old daughter Jade standing in the doorway.

"Hey, sweetie!" You smiled and pulled away from Soyeon to scoot towards the edge of the bed. "I thought you were sleeping."

She rubbed her eyes wordlessly and Soyeon quickly sat up, catching on right away.

"Did you have a bad dream, honey?"

Jade nodded her head and your heart broke.

"Oh, my love. It's alright. I'll come tuck you back in. Everything's okay." You said before getting out of bed.

But as you took ahold of Jade's hand, she just stared over at Soyeon.

"Do you want me to read you a story?" You asked but Jade just shook her head. "Do you want Soyeon to come and sing to you?"

Her eyes lit up and at the sight, Soyeon's did too.

"Will you?"

Soyeon stood up and walked to you and Jade, wrapping her bigger hand around the little girl's smaller one.

"Of course." She smiled and you both led her back to bed.

You sat on one side of her bed while Soyeon sat down on the other.

"You know you're safe. I'm here, Soyeon's here. We won't let anyone hurt you. So whatever that bad dream was about, know that it was just a bad dream. You're okay, I promise." You said as you played with Jade's hair.

"Want your lion?" Soyeon asked.

It's what Soyeon gave to her early on in your relationship.

You and Soyeon have been together for about ten months and it was only about five months ago that you first introduced her to Jade.

And they've been best friends ever since.

She adores Soyeon and she adores the stuffed lion that Soyeon gave to her, so she cradled it close to her and smiled a little as Soyeon booped her nose playfully.

"You're safe. Okay?" Soyeon whispered against Jade's forehead and watched as she nodded her head.

You both laid down beside her and Soyeon started to sing Jade's favorite song to her.

You watched her eyes close as she wrapped her small fingers around yours and Soyeon's once more, drifting off to sleep with Soyeon's soft and sweet voice.

"Goodnight, little angel," Soyeon whispered a few minutes later, softly kissing Jade's head before pulling her hand away.

You did the same, softly stroking your daughter's cheek as you and Soyeon both got up from her bed.

But as you got to the door, you heard her voice once more.

"Mom?"

You and Soyeon both turned to look at her, finding her sitting up with her lion against her chest.

"Are you still scared?"

She nodded her head.

"Oh, but honey, it was just a dream," Soyeon said as she walked back to her bed. "You're safe and sound. We promise that nothing's going to happen to you."

But that wasn't enough for Jade.

"Do you want us to stay in here with you? Or do you want to come lay with your mom and me?"

"I wanna lay with you and mom," She answered as she rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"Come on then, baby," You smiled from the door.

But she just held her arms out for Soyeon to pick her up, too tired to walk across the hall but too afraid to sleep on her own.

But Soyeon didn't mind.

She happily picked her up and carried her to your room.

She gently laid Jade onto your bed and then laid down next to her and you happily did the same.

"Go to sleep, baby. You're okay." You said and watched Jade closely until she fell asleep.

Well, there went your time cuddling with Soyeon tonight.

But neither of you really minded.

You still held hands even across the bed and made quiet conversation together.

"Thank you."

"For what?" You chuckled as you raised your eyebrows.

"Coming into my life and making it so much better."

Your heart fluttered over her words.

She brought your hand to her lips to give it a kiss and your smile just got brighter.

"We love you so much, Soyeon."

"I love you both too." She said as she laid her cheek on the pillow, looking between the two of you.

She felt like the luckiest woman in the world to have everything she's ever dreamt of and more.

But, by far, you and Jade are the best things to ever happen to you, and knowing that she has the sweetest little family ever makes her feel happier than she ever has before.