your child calls her mom for the first time (requested)

"Your mom should be here any second now." Soyeon smiled as she checked her phone once more and then set it down on the table.

Jade sat across from her, impatiently kicking her feet as she played on her iPad to pass the time.

You're running a little late today since work ran over but you're not far away.

Today is a big day and you wouldn't miss it for the world.

Jade just made it onto the soccer team, something she's been hoping for and has been working hard at.

And you're so proud that you could just burst.

You found out last night and promised her that you and Soyeon would treat her to a meal anywhere she wants and being the young kid that she is, she chose to go to McDonald's.

But since work is running late, Soyeon picked her up from school for you and brought her here to the restaurant, where they're waiting for you.

"I'm thirsty," Jade said as she looked at Soyeon.

"I know you are. Your mom will be here any second now and then we can order whatever you want."

Jade pouted a little and Soyeon knew that it was because she wanted something to drink now.

"Okay, tell you what. I'll get you something. I'm sure your mom won't be upset if you get something to drink while we wait." Soyeon smiled before they both got up from the table and went to the counter.

"What do you want?"

"Anything!" Jade answered.

Soyeon chuckled before ordering her something to drink and as soon as she finished paying, you walked inside.

"Hi, my loves. I'm so sorry that work ran late. I got here as fast as I could." You explained before kneeling down to give Jade a big hug, which she happily gave back to you.

"Did you order yet?"

"No. But Jade was very thirsty so I got her..." Soyeon paused as the worker behind the counter gave her a chocolate milk. "Chocolate milk."

"Yay!" Jade squealed excitedly.

"What do you say, baby?" You told Jade, who turned to Soyeon and gazed at her with the biggest and happiest expression.

"Thank you, mom!"

She gave Soyeon a quick hug before returning to the table.

Soyeon couldn't move or speak though.

She was in shock, in the best way possible.

"She just..." Soyeon mumbled as you stood up and put your hands on her arms gently. "She just called me mom. For the first time ever."

You grinned at her as you ran your fingers through her hair.

"She called me mom, Y/N,"

"I know, baby. It's amazing, isn't it?"

"It is." Soyeon said as she looked over at Jade. "I can't believe it. I've always tried to make her feel like she's my own and I've tried to always tell her that even though we're not related by blood, I love her just as any mother does. Just as you do. And... she called me mom."

You couldn't be happier.

You know how much Jade adores Soyeon.

She has from the minute you introduced her to Soyeon.

They're very close, having developed a bond that is inseparable at this point.

But it's the very first time that Jade has ever called anyone but you mom and it was just perfect that Soyeon is the one she thinks of like that.

"I'm a mom." She smiled.

"She's thought of you as a mom from the second you came around and got close. No one else has ever bothered to do that before. She loves you very much." You told Soyeon.

"I love her too and I love you. I love my life and my little family. I promise I'll never leave either of you."

"I know." You smiled before kissing her lips softly. "I love you too. Now, come on, let's go see what she wants to eat because I'm so hungry."

Soyeon giggled before grabbing your hand and walking to the table with you, both of you figuring out food so you could all eat.

And Soyeon was just over the moon, all smiles as you spoke.

Because she truly loves her family and she felt so lucky to have the two of you in her life.