(1) Sweet But Bitter

Song for Chapter: i love you-Billie Eilish (sped up)

"The bittersweet about truth is that nothing could be more hurtful but, yet nothing could be more helpful"

-Mike Norton

 ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ SPRING ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ 

Being a private detective is not so easy. 

It's not just about finding evidence and winning. It's about creating patience, being interested in the case to catch the guilty. Becoming that type of person that is creative enough to fool someone, to make them admit what they did. To prove others wrong and earning trust. 

Always paying attention to detail to analyze the evidence in a crime. Having logical and critical thinking with technology and communication skills. Spending all your free time gaining knowledge about different techniques. Doing all of this with complete secrecy, balancing a life with relationships. 

Giving your time and effort is crucial and sometimes this leads to unexpected places.

Poor Kagami knew this as she was walking on the sidewalk. The warm breeze of spring around her in the sweetest way possible. She breathed in the scent of newly opened floral shops, full of lavenders, hydrangea and roses.

The girl never used to pay attention to her surroundings. She was carefree and wild as a child.

Everything seemed so pretty. She could hear her heels clicking the ground in a melodic way. The girl was so versatile while fulfilling her responsibilities. Crimes, legal documents and family was a piece of cake. She could easily adapt to any situation.

But, her upcoming meeting was nothing similar to what she had done before. Kagami's regular schedule consisted of keeping eyes on things and diving deeper into new problems. A literal clock made up of files, people and lies. Meeting different criminals and having them unveil their own fairytales. 

There was no other relation between Kagami and them. Most weren't so easy, but she made them speak. Her passion paid well too. 

The only person she had been in a deep relationship was her boyfriend, Sunan, whom she loved a lot. The circumstances in her life were difficult but easy to get used to.

It didn't matter to the 23 year old. It didn't bother her anymore. She just wanted a successful, but wild life. 

That's why this was the first time she was getting out of her personal bubble. She was going to be sent somewhere else, out of Thailand, to find someone. 

An unknown person.

For who knows how long. Her boss had plans.

The email that was sent out yesterday only said to meet at 11 a.m tomorrow.