Your Saviour Speaking

"Dammit Bradshaw," Wren called out after Phoenix confirmed that he had turned around and been shot out of the sky. She confirmed a parachute in the air but the admiral was adamant that no one else was turning around or heading out. 

"Hey, they'll be ok," Hangman said trying to calm her down. "If anyone is getting out of there you can be damn sure it'll be Rooster and Maverick." 

"Bandits approaching, calling for back-up," Payback's voice jolted Wren out of her panic. They were still a ways out from the boat, they definitely wouldn't make it back without support. 

"Admiral, requesting permission to take off sir," Hangman's voice said, more demanding than it was usually.

"Permission granted lieutenant, provide support for dagger two and three, then return with them to base. No side missions pilots."

"Affirmative sir." 

Wren barely noticed as the plane took to the sky and made its way towards their approaching teammates. 

"You with me Atlas?" 

"Always am Hangman. Let's kick some ass." 

Wren watched on the radar as four planes appeared on the screen. There were two bandits following closely behind the two daggers. 

"Phoenix, Payback, we're coming in from the left. Get ready to break right," Wren said watching to make sure they were still out of radar range. "Now Hangman."

The plane shot up shooting from underneath to draw fire off of Phoenix and Payback as they flew. One bandit followed after Phoenix and Payback, while the other started following Hangman and Wren. 

"Smoke in the air Hangman," Wren yelled. 

"Hold on," he said flying them upwards sharply. "Flares now!" 

Wren hit the button deploying the flares, the missile hit the flares exploding before it could hit their plane. Turning to meet back up with their allies, Hangman and Payback distracted the bandits while Phoenix and Bob shot one down from the sky. The other bandit turned to retreat upon seeing their wingman go down. 

"Whoooo, that's how it's done!" Wren cheered into her headset. "Nice shot Bob." 

The three planes turned to head back to the ship. Payback and Fanboy landed first, followed shortly by Phoenix and Bob. Before they approached the ship, Hangman leaned forward turning off their radio for a moment.

"Are we doing this?" he asked Wren. Wren immediately knew what he was talking about.

"We've got to." 

"Alright," he said turning the radio back on. "Hangman and Atlas turning around to provide support to dagger one and two." 

"Hangman return to base now. We don't even know where they are." 

"Actually sir. Rooster's signal just came back on. He's supersonic," Hondo's voice came through the radio. 

"He's in the air!" Wren said excitedly. "There's no way we're turning back now." 

"Requesting coordinates sir," Hangman said.

A sigh came over the radio, followed shortly by a heading for Rooster's signal, and an order to stay safe. As they approached, they could see an old F-14 being targeted by the fifth generation bandit. The F-14 was flying up in a last attempt to avoid the missiles being shot by the bandit. 

"Hangman, we've got to go!" 

"I'm on it, you just focus on locking on target."

Wren took a deep breath in and as the missile shot away from the bandit, she returned fire, shooting it causing it to explode, taking down the bandit with it. Hangman knocked his fist on the back of his seat.

"Hell yeah. Nice shot Atlas." Wren flipped the channel on their radio so they could contact Maverick and Rooster in the F-14.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is your saviour speaking. Please fasten your seatbelts and turn your tray tables to the locked and loaded position," Hangman called out as they cleared the smoke and debris from the bandit. They pulled up alongside Maverick and Rooster. The look of relief on their faces was evident even from the other plane. 

"Hey Rooster, I told you I had your back," Wren called over.

"Thank god for that. Well you're looking good over there."

"That's because I am good Rooster. I'm very good," stealing Hangman's classic line. 

Wren jumped from the plane as soon as they taxi'd to their parking spot and ran towards where Maverick and Rooster had all but crashed their plane onto the deck of the boat

Wren jumped from the plane as soon as they taxi'd to their parking spot and ran towards where Maverick and Rooster had all but crashed their plane onto the deck of the boat. Hangman followed right after her and as they approached the large crowd, Wren realized she hadn't thanked Hangman for getting them back safe. She stopped, turned, and jumped into Hangman's arms. Luckily he dropped his helmet quick enough to catch her before she fell and knocked them both down. 

"That's the mission we were meant for," Wren said, having to yell over the crowd of people.

"You're damn right, what did I tell you? Being saviour is a good look for us. Now go get your man." 

Wren pushed through to the center of the group of people seeing Maverick and Rooster locked in a hug. As impatient as she was she held herself back, hugging Phoenix and Bob, while she waited. A strong hand appeared on her shoulder to get her attention. Turning around to find herself looking up at Rooster's dirty, sweaty face. Rooster wrapped his arm around Wren, dipping her into a kiss in front of everyone on deck.  Their teammates let out a wolf whistle around them as they kissed.