Chapter 1:2

Secrets

---------------------------------------------------------

{}-{][][][][][}-{}

The dinosaur screeched. More started to come out. We were backed into a corner praying we would make it out alive. 

"WHAT THE HECK KENJ!" Lilith yelled down at me. "How did you manage to even get you and Darius in this situation in the first place."

"Can you help me before yelling at me?" I yell back at her.

"It's okay. It's okay. We're all okay. Kenji, those bones-- check for a raptor skull." Darius said.

"What?"

"In the video game, I--"

"You wanna talk about video games now?" I asked him. How could he think of video games when we're about to die?

"Kenji let him speak!" Lilith yelled. Why is she only yelling at me?

The dinosaurs screeched. Darius yelped and then fell on his butt. I go back to banging on the door. All the lights turn on and the dinosaurs falter for a little.

"Hey come and get it!" I heard Roxie yell. Finally, we were saved. All but one dinosaur ran over to the meat. It came to us, backing me and Darius against the door.

All of a sudden the door opened and grabbed our shoulders. We fell through the door on top of Dave. Panting we got up.

"Dave, that was... thank you so much," Darius said.

"Oh, that's standard procedure, Darius. I do that kind of stuff all the time. Give me a second." Dave started barfing, "That's better."

Roxie ran into him slightly pushing him. I was trying to sneak away before she grabbed my shoulder. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Where do you think you're going? You and Darius are in big trouble." I looked behind and saw Brooklynn and Lilith looking away. Lilith caught my eyes and glared at me. 

"Stupid," she mouthed. 

"I--But he-- he was--" Darius stuttered.

From the look on Roxie's face, she was not having it. "Save it! We'll decide what to do with you later. If you even get to remain here after a stunt like this."

We arrived back at camp and I knew we were gonna get the punishment. So I and Darius sat down on the couch waiting for our lecture, to pass the time I just popped my lips.

"How could you do something so stupid?" Darius burst on me.

"I do a lot of stupid things, so you'll have to be a little more specific than that." if Lilith were here she'd slap my arm and call me a fart face. "Girls love a grand jester, junior."