Chapter 1:5 (part 1)

Happy Birthday, Eddie!

---------------------------------------------------------

{}-{][][][][][}-{}

As we were walking through the forest everyone was on high alert. The tiniest rustle, a bird chirping, or the wind blowing leaves, gave everyone a silent panic attack.

I was on edge at first then I started to calm down. Although I would tense up if something didn't sound right. And nothing sounded right. To make matters worse. It was like 1 million degrees outside. And I had a long sleeve shirt. With skinny jeans. JEANS. I was not thinking while I was packing. How could I come to an island that reaches 102 degrees in the summer, in jeans? That wasn't even one of my problems.

Brooklynn and her feud with Yasmina and Sammy were still going on. I was walking beside her and Yasmina would be nice to only me but not Brooklynn, it made me guilty. I didn't know what to do, it was too hot to argue. And the bugs. So many bugs.

Ben didn't like anything. He was the last person in line stopping occasionally to apply and then reapply hand sanitizer. He stepped on a branch and screamed. Causing all of us to scream.

Brooklynn immediately got down, and I followed the actions also covering my head. It wasn't my most bravest act but I was on edge and the edge was pretty sharp.

"Ben!" I screamed worried.

"Sorry I stepped on a twig."

"Dude not everything is out to get you."

"Ugh, come on, man."

"You done gave me a heart attack!"

"I should step on you."

I helped Brooklynn off the ground. "Jesus Christ he needs to get a grip," I whispered.

"I can't all these mini heart attacks," She whispered to me.

"It's okay, Ben. We're all on edge." Darius reassured.

"And lost." Yasmina sassed.

"Yeah, we've been out here for a while now. Darius, are we sure we're still headed towards the park?" Sammy asked.

"Yeah, dude. Are you sure we're going the right way?" I added on.

"Well, we'd be sure if I still had my phone, because it has a GPS, a compass app, and is also a phone!" Brooklynn was back to accusing Sammy of theft.

"Brooke we don't have time for this," I said.

"Sammy didn't steal your phone!" Yasmina once again defended Sammy. She pushed Brooklynn back by her shoulder. Brooklyn didn't like it and shoved her hand away. "No one stole your phone! Can we please stop talking about this"