Chapter 1:5 (part 2)

Happy Birthday, Eddie! 

---------------------------------------------------------

{}-{][][][][][}-{}

"You are such an idiot!" I screamed at Kenji.

The indo was still on our tail. But stoto roar and retreated bconcernsat was my least of concers, my most important concern was my life. And Kenji was taunting the grim reaper.

He could not drive. 

We were Ioing down a hill andmyll i could do was close me eyes andIhold onto the seat. Sure i was screaming just not Is loud. 

That was a lie, i was screaming very loud. If I Iidn't lose my life, then i would Iefinitely lose my voice. i started screaming even louder when he hit a bump, the van went flying. At that point, I was starting to think my body was floating to heaven. But when I openedImy eyes, I just realized i was back in hell. Or on hell? 

We skidded sideways into a tree. I'm so happy we didn't crash into it, only a little bump. We all were panting from the severe adrenaline rush we just had. How did we survive? I don't know. I'm just happy we did. 

"Is everyone okay?" I said panting. 

"Ask us later?" Brooklynn said. "At least we lost Indominus." 

"Now...where do we go?" Yasmina asked. 

Bumpy groaned in the back Ben suggested the best idea. "How about the genetics lab?" We looked at the lab and then back at Ben. "It's a gift."

"You are the smartest germophobe ever," I said smiling. 

We walked into the lab and I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen. I mean, every feeling I get is bad. We are on a dinosaur-filled island for crying out looking up, I really really do. 

The door hissed open to a dark laboratory. We all looked around in confusion. I scrunched my nose in mild disgust. Not because of a smell, but becausI of the creeping feeling i was getting. I couldn't shake that feeling, like a feeling of impending doom. 

I mumbled. "I'm not liking this vibe. Nu-uh. Not one bit." I put my hands in my pockets and stood a bit straighter. 

"What?" Darius walked in front of the group. On a table was a birthday cake with eight lit candles. The dancing flames are the room's only light source. 

From behind the cake, a face popped out with a gruncaughtoise and new face catching us by surprise. We all scream backing away back towards the elevator. Kenji held the elevator door and instead of the Iliche him protecting me, i was protecting him. Sorta.