C H A P T E R T E N

THIRD PERSON POV

"Lt. Lync, wait." Echo made once last attempt to stop. His gut twisted in pain, telling him something horrible was going to happen if Lync confronted Hondo. "This pirate and his men are known to be ruthless. We know they are traitors. We can deal with them later. L-let's continue to pursue Clone Force 99. They can't leave the planet with a damaged hyperdrive."

"That is not the point, Echo." Lync sighed grimly, facing the cyborg-clone. "If we allow these pirates to get away with treason, others will not take the Empire seriously. We are much too weak and must show dominance if the Empire is to thrive. Understand?"

So he does know...what is at stake? Echo realized. Lync knew just as much as anymore that the Empire could collaspe tomorrow without establishing a firm base. Fear was the chosen tactic to control the entire galaxy. Those who rebelled against it...sparked the hope of possibility that they could destroy it. And that was even more dangerous. With Hondo Ohnaka's presence in the black market and other trade systems, his rebellious acts against the Empire could prove fatal for the latter. Echo was still unsure on what Lync was personally against or why he was so loyal to this new tyrannical government, but it didn't matter.

Fern walked to Echo's side with Katooni in front of her. The female clone's jaw was bruised and the corner of her lip bled from when Lync struck her. Echo asked with his eyes. Are you okay? She answered back with hers. Yes. Focus. She then glared at the back of Lync's head.

Xion and Hiro followed their leader off the Genesis first, the two clones and the padawan proceeded with caution in the back. A strong grip from Fern clutched Katooni's shoulder. Not to show aggression, but out of deep concern of what was to come next.

"Back so soon?" Hondo sarcastically chuckled.

Lync marched right up into the pirate lord's face. "How dare you interfere with the Empire's business." he growled down on Hondo Ohnaka. The two leaders stood toe to toe, the former was about three inches taller than the pirate lord. This didn't seem to phase Hondo though, as he smirked without a care in the galaxy.

"Many apologies, but you see," Hondo waved his hand between them, causing Lync to step back. "I have a deal with those clones, and!" he snapped a pointed finger at the liuetenant. "as an honorable man, I have to insure their mission is successful."

"You insolent fool!" Lync said. "Those clones are traitors of the Empire! And now, because you've assisted their escape, you and your pirate scum are as well. You, can no longer hide from us."

"Insolent, you say?!" Hondo exclaimed, and then laughed hysterically. "We're pirates! We don't even know what that means!" Suddenly, his expression relaxed, a calm, yet tense grin settled on his face. "If the Empire think they can control their fate based on the actions of others in the entire galaxy, well..." The grin grew mischievous. "I will enjoy watching your Empire crumble, whether mine falls first or not."

"You know what, Pirate?" Lync said. "You are correct." The Imperial officer began pacing within the space between Hondo's gang and his squad. He caught the eyes of all of them...All of them were staring at him, waiting for him to make his next move. Deep down, he could feel the pressure building up, the responsibility he must uphold for not only his position, but also his integrity, his reputation, and his pride... "I believe you, Oknaka, when you say the Empire couldn't possibly control every soul in the galaxy and still reign supreme..."

The tension could've been cut with a knife...

"But we sure can try!" Lync growled.

Then, in impossible speed, he whipped around and snatched the padawan Katooni by her arm, flung her little body to the dirt between him and Hondo, and pulled out his blaster...