twenty seven

Two days later Ty was released and he immediately went back to the hotel he had left Liz and the girls at.

She hadn't came to see him anymore after the first visit and a part of him didn't expect her to be at the motel.

He knocked on the door and was surprised when she answered she looked just a shocked to see him.

"Ty,"

"What did I do? What did I say?" He asked, his voice begging.

"What?"

"After my surgery I scared you I did or I said something. What did I do? Did I hurt you?"

She softened opening the door a little wider.

"No, you didn't hurt me."

"Then what happened? I've never....done well with medication I broke my arm once and the meds made me hallucinate purple people."

"You didn't do or say anything wrong, Ty."

"Then why haven't you visited? Why aren't you returning my calls or my texts?"

"I just needed some time to think," she admitted softly.

He glanced behind her and saw the two small blondes were tucked into a bed sound asleep.

"Think about me?" He asked, his own voice suddenly sullen and unrecognizable.

"About all of it. You, Mitch, my life, my kids."

"And?"

"I'm sorry....Ty," her eyes filled with tears and his heart suddenly ached.

"Liz.."

"I can never thank you enough for everything you've done. I truly am grateful for our time together but...I can't stay with you."

"Okay, fine. I'll come back with you then, I'll quit the club." He said quickly..

"I can't ask you to fo that."

"I'm offering."

"And you'll hate me if you do. It's who you are Ty, I know that."

He swallowed past the lump in his own throat, aware his eyes were also watering.

"I love you," He said.

"I love you too, but this....it can't work Ty."

"I would never hurt you or those girls. I would die first."

"Ty, you are a dangerous man. I didn't want to believe that about you. I wanted you to be the sweet, soft carpenter that fixed my porch but...thats only part of you. I know now how stupid it is to think we could ever make this work."

"No, please, please it's not stupid people do it all the time. Look at Morgan and Wolf."

"I can't, Ty. I'm sorry."

"You can you just don't want you, you just don't want to with me," He said angrily.

"That's not fair and it's not true."

He shrugged he knew deep down she was right, he wasn't who she thought he was. The man that fixed her house wasn't who he was and that wasn't fair to her.

"I can be the man you need me to be," He said softly.

She moved forward first wrapping him in a tight hug that he quickly returned.

"You already are the man I need, you have to figure out who you want to be."

"I want to be with you," He said.