Chapter 24: God of Thunder

"Why am I here? I hardly even knew Thor." You whined in the bed of a truck. You were cramped between Rocket and Bruce.

"He liked you, and I can't deal with the raccoon on my own," Banner shouted over the whipping sound of the wind.

"Whatever," you sunk down into the bed and propped your head up on your fist and stared at the approaching village.

"It's really a step down from the golden palace and what-not." Rocket said as he took in the scene. You tuned him out. You could hear what him and Bruce but you couldn't make out what they were saying.

      You felt a headache forming, splitting your skull in half. Your brain throbbed. It felt like it would explode at any moment.

      The truck came to halt and you climbed out with the help of Bruce. You couldn't help but become distracted by the beauty around you. You looked around in awe, admiring this perfect village. The sound of bustling people and children playing in the street. But what truly caught your eye was the tourist group. Your face went pale.

There was a man in a ratty red baseball cap covered with a black hood. He looked so similar to Bucky.

    Selfishly, he was the only reason you were participating in this time heist. You desperately wanted out and away from the Avengers. You had other matters to focus on.

*

Thor was a wreck. He bumbled about in his dark and musty man cave, using his beer belly as a bowl for his snacks and Asgardian liquor.

"Thor, this is sad." You said, kicking around beer cans and bottles and carefully avoiding the pizza box jenga.

"Sad? We're living the life, tiny witch!" Korg replied for the god, lifting on side of his headset so he could hear himself.

      "So whats up, are you just here to hang?" Thor asks, grabbing beer from the fridge.

      "No," Bruce started, "we think we figured out how we can fix everything." He glanced to you and then to Rocket with a silent, pleading look plastered on his face.

      "Fix what? Like our cable?" Thor chuckled, getting comfortable in his butt dented couch.

      "No. Fix everything like Thanos." Bruce said sternly. Thor shoots up and grabs Bruce by the collar.

     "Oh yea, we don't say that name around here.." Korg says meekly, standing up to help separate Thor and Bruce.

       "Look, I know that you're scared of that guy but this plan is foolproof," Bruce began to explain.

      "Scared of that guy? Remember who killed that guy?"

      "I did." You firmly stated from the doorway.

      "We did," he brushes you off. You rolled your eyes and stomped a beer can as hard as you could into the kitchen floor. After much more negotiation between Bruce and Thor, Rocket was fed up.

      "We got beer on the ship." Rocket offered. Thor looked up, that caught his attention. Pretty soon you were out of New Asgard with your mission complete, ready to recharge back at the compound.

*

      "Are you dead?" You laughed, sitting down next to Thor who was wearing sunglasses inside, slumped in a conference room chair.

      "Not yet," he replies rather depressingly.

      "Always a funny guy," you joked awkwardly. Your statement from earlier still stood, you were not close with Thor. This entire interaction was a shit fest of outcasts. He didn't reply, he just stared ahead.

       "You know, in all my years serving as an Avenger, this is the most freedom I've felt." You stated.

      "Funny, this is the least I have felt." He replied after a brief pause.

       "I know how you're feeling, you probably feel trapped in a sense. For you, I assume you're trapped in your guilt." You spoke gently, watching his expressions behind the sunglasses and beard.

      "I do feel trapped. I feel guilty that I am responsible for Loki's death."

      "But you aren't, I know how much you care for your brother." You reply. He doesn't say anything back for a while.

       "I've actually met him before, before I was even an Avenger," you chuckled.

       "You have?" He turns, finally moving.

      "He sold me a book, a long time ago. It kind of changed my life," you glanced down at your fingers which were beginning to blacken from the Dark Hold magic.

"I like you, Y/n." Thor said quietly.

"You aren't too bad yourself," you replied.

After years of being an Avenger, you were finally making break throughs. Finally, letting your guard down.

*
So its been a very long time and thats my bad...

*So its been a very long time and thats my bad

Oli <3