Chapter 6 - Her Secret

" SHE ISN'T AFFORDABLE, SHE'S INVALUABLE. "

After having a much-needed shower, she dresses up for the office. It was six in the morning now but that didn't stop her from getting ready to head out. Aryansh is coming by this evening, which means she must leave the office early today. Deciding to skip breakfast she walks out to her car.

She already asked Naina to put up the most important meeting at line so that she does not have to waste her breath on those useless files kept in the trash corner of her cabin. She has to get that cleaned as well. She could hear the chatter in the dining room. An amused smile danced on her face as she crossed the table full of people.

Everyone was going to work under her from now onwards. They are literally staying with their boss, but she doesn't want this to affect anyone's daily routine because of this. She usually heads out for her office pretty early, but she doesn't expect anyone to come before the time designated to them.

She isn't the boss who wants her employees to come before her. She finds that to be useless. All her branches have their heads come in first because if the person they fear is already present, people won't stop for useless chatter or waste their time procrastinating rather work in fear of getting caught while doing so.

Her presence before anyone else helps with the smooth functioning of her company. She can monitor everything personally. She didn't want the others to leave early because of her if not required.

--------●--------

Everyone at the table was busy in their own bubble. Kartik's eyes strayed to the two empty seats at the table which weren't present before. He wondered who the guest was. No one mentioned to him about them as well. But he did come back to the house around four something in the morning too.

The breakfast table buzzed with chatter. He mindlessly scrolled through his emails as he ate his breakfast. His fingers typing out a response to the ones which were important. Although his mind was somewhere else. He was distracted. All he wanted was this game of cat and mouse to end. But then he wanted so many things, not everything can be accomplished.

He raised his head out of his mobile as the table went silent. Shivaay had eaten his breakfast, and every head was turned at him. He was so lost in the mystery he has to solve that he completely zoned out of the conversation that floated around him. He cleared his throat, his face showcasing pure embarrassment.

If it would been someone else sitting here, he would have thrown attitude, he would show indifference. But these people were his family. They practically raised him. They gave him the love and care that was snatched away from him years ago. He felt guilty sometimes, he felt grateful sometimes. He couldn't thank God enough to give him them, but he felt regret, pure regret for what he was doing.

He shook the negative thoughts out of his mind.

" Uhm, could you repeat? " He muttered.

" You look tired. " Shivaay said, repeating his words. He blinked. What does he say now? He is actually tired. His eyes would drop any moment but works comes first. Guess he'll need to become a coffee addict for a day like she is. But just for a day. he'll have to undergo the torture of drinking espresso. Eww!

" I am? " It came out like a question. The table roared with laughter whereas Shivaay sighed.

" Get rest Kartik. "

" I have work. " Shivaay sighed again, shaking his head.

" As you wish. " He stood up and walked in the kitchen to keep his dishes in the sink. His eyes narrowed on the subtle figure of Naina eavesdropping on the conversation going on in the dining room. He kept his dishes quietly before standing beside her.