Chapter 3

"Oh, come in Poe" said the teacher as he seen him behind the door. Poe came in shyly, "Well, introduce yourself" asked the teacher and Poe freeze. 'Please anything but that...' he thought. "Hi, I'm Edgar Allan Poe ... I'm from England ... and... huh ..." said Poe.

"Good, go sit beside Ranpo" said kunikida and Ranpo waved to him. 'Oh no it's  the one from this morning...' thought Poe as he walked to his sit.

~°•☆•°~

First friend

~°•☆•°~

Poe sat next to Ranpo without giving him a glance, he actually was scared to look at Ranpo since the boy was watching his every move with a smile.
Poe tried to listen to the teacher but the intense feeling of being watched made him feel uneasy and distracted. For a hour he couldn't even write a whole sentence properly because of that.

He slowly moved his head toward Ranpo and their eyes met, the boy's smile became brighter as he finally got the attention he looked for.

"I-Is there an-any problem? Wh-Why are y-you look-ing at me?" Asked Poe shyly and looked away with an embarrassed blush.

"A problem? Not at all~ I was just wondering if you could see anything with your left eye with the hair in front of it" said Ranpo and Poe flinched at this comment. 'Does he think im weird?? I knew i should had cut them...' he thought scared.

"Ah- Sorry i'll cut them next time!" Shouted Poe smashing his head on his desk and Ranpo looked at him confused.

"H-hey! No its not what i meant! I didnt say you should cut them ! I like them! I really do!" Yelled Ranpo standing up from his seat ashamed of himself that he made Poe misunderstand. Poe looked up at him with teary eyes and Ranpo's eyes widened and his face became red.

"You do? For real?" Asked Poe surprised.

"I told you yes so why asking again ?..." replied Ranpo looking away.

"Thank you" poe smiled shyly.

"Let's be friends!" Said suddenly Ranpo as he as he put both hands on Poe's desk with a big smile. The boy looked at him surprised.

"Ah- Wait- Uh- you and me? Friends? I-" Poe panicked, he never had friends so he didnt knew how to react.

"Well yes friends, but if you want to be more than that i guess i'll think about it~" replied Ranpo with a smirk. He really wanted to tease him but it looked like Poe didnt understood the meaning of Ranpo's joke.

"Sure! I would love that!" He said enthusiastically and Ranpo looked at him stunned from Poe's innocence.

"All right then lets eat together at lunch i'll introduce you to my other friends!" Said Ranpo with a smile and Pie nodded.

Time went quickly and it was already lunch time. Poe looked at Ranpo not knowing if he should follow him or wait for him to tell him to come. Ranpo was about to leave the classroom and Poe looked down sadly.

" What are you waiting for Poe? Come" Said Ranpo looking back at the shy boy. Poe stood up imediatly and quickly joined him. They went to the cafeteria to take food and then joined the others outside. The weather was nice so most of the students went to eat on the grass.

'Hello everyone!" Said Ranpo as he walked toward a group of people sitting under a tree.

"This branch looks perfect for- Oh hi Ranpo!" Said Dazai smiling as he say his friend coming this way.

"Look at this there's my new assistant too!" Said Yosano happily.

"Oh who is that? A new student? Nice to meet you im Kenji!" Introduced the blond haired boy.

"Hello im Atsushi " said a white haired boy with a shy smile.

"Hi im Junichiro and this is my sister Naomi" said a ginger boy smiling kindly at him.

"..." a girl with dark blue hair looked at Poe while eating her food. Poe was suprised to see so many friendly people, but he was also stressed to see so many eyes on him.

"-..." Poe tried to introduce himself but no sound could come out of his mouth, his heart beated faster and a drop of sweat runs down his forehead.

"Its Poe, my new classmate, he's really shy~" said Ranpo while putting his hand on Poe's shoulder trying to reassure him. He sent him a 'are you all right ?' Look and Poe nodded. They sat dawn next to the others and started to eat.

"Wait, so Poe is in your class now? How lucky~" said Dazai with an envious expression while Poe looked at him confused. Was it really such a privilege to be Ranpo's classmate?

"Uh your still with that? Didnt he reject you last week again? Just give up already" said Ranpo annoyed and Poe looked at him curiously, he really wanted to ask who they were talking about but didnt dare to. Ranpo saw Poe's curious look and smiled.

"Dazai asked Chuuya out like already more than 20 times but always got rejected, he hoped to be in the same class with him thinkong that they would get closer but he ended up being with Yosano and Fyodor his enemy" explained Ranpo laughing.

"Hey you dont have to say it this way! And go to hell with that rat bastard !" Yelled Dazai annoyed and Ranpo laughed even more.

"Oh so you like Chuuya, its that ginger who got expelled this morning right?" Asked Poe looking at Ranpo and he nodded to him.

"You met him?! He's so cute right ~?" Said Dazai with a happy smile. Poe remembered their meeting and flinched.

"Yes right..." he said with an scared smile.

"But isnt he a guy?" Asked Poe and there was a sudent silence as everyone turned toward Poe with suspicious expressions. Poe understood that his question was easily misunderstood and panicked.

"AH- Its not what i meant! I just wanted to make sure since when i first saw him i misunderstood his gender! I have no problem with two guy being in love i myself had a crush on a guy!" Shouted Poe trying to explain the misunderstood. Everyone looked at him then laughed, Poe turned red from embarrassment.

"So Poe also have this preferences~ Good to know good to know" said Yosano with a smirk and Poe hided his red face in his arms.

"Stop teasing him already, cant you see he's embarrassed?" said Ranpo trying to defend Poe. Poe looked at him with a thankfull expression and smiled to him. Ranpo imediatly blushed and looked away.

"Aw your such a caring boyfriend Ranpo~ How cute~" teased Yosano and Ranpo glared at her.

"Just shut up and eat!" Yelled Ranpo and everyone laughed. Poe looked at the two arguing and smiled. He felt really happy, he never thought he'll be able to make friends but it looks like life wasnt so mean with him now.

~°•☆•°~

Almost 2 years... Yes almost 2 years had passed since i started that story. And here i am, finally with an update !

Now you'll have to wait another 2 years for the next chapter hehe~ :)

Im joking of course :,)

I may not update it every week since i have already 2 and a half of other books to update a lot but i promise you that the next update will not take so long.

Im really sorry for leaving this story for such a long time, me who told myself "i would never do an unfinished story cause i hate that"... well it wasnt unfinished actually it was just a quite long break :)

Anyway hope you liked that new chapter ~