Chapter 1: Crashing

Fox could feel the air suffocating him.

Drowning in the smoke of his airwing, the vulpine only felt a blur through his vision; his head sustained a drastic rash that could only minimally guarantee a severe concussion.

His nose filled with smog, but before its warm blood streaming out of his nostrils; almost setting a rustic flavour which scented the air while he slowly decayed in his seat.

Slowly but surely becoming unconscious, he tried to grovel his hands towards the eject panel while the fire became more encumbered around him, the heat becoming a gentle touch of death to his fur.

All he could see from the shattered glass of his windows was red.

It was soon that a larger figure would violently march towards the direction of Fox's Arwing. With one, creasing roar, Wolf O'Donnel had used both of his fists to open the jet's sealing hose, with his raspy, blood-curdling voice synchronizing with the rusty screech of its air-tight hinges.

Fox's seatbelt was already mangled beyond repair, so Wolf could yank the vulpine out. His hands hooked around the bulkier canine's shoulders, the two both trudged slowly, without breath, out of the damaged Arwing.

There was a doubt in his mind that the lupine would save him. It seemed asinine for him to not let him burn. But obviously, with being Wolf's reach only had his consequences.

"You.. Fucking. IDIOT!"

Fox felt a sharp jab against his stomach, making him spit out and gag from the impact. Most of his bones were fractured and broken enough, making the lupine's attacks significantly painful, and Wolf had knew that. He fell on the ground, letting out a pleading cry. The ten minutes of his life being the most painful he had ever been, and for a moment, it felt better if he had died.

Fox stopped writhing on the ground when Wolf lunged his boot right into his left side of his stomach, causing him to roll over.

"YOU FUCKING IDIOT! I'M GOING TO TEAR YOUR STOMACH LININGS AND HANG YOU WITH IT!" Wolf scowled, lifting up Fox Mccloud by the collar of his jacket, before lunging another fist at him.

Fox, unable to physically move now, had his face to the ground, muzzle pressed down against the dirt. If Wolf wasn't screaming at him, he could've heard his enemy whimper.

"YOU DID THIS TO US! YOU WERE THE ONE THAT PLACED US HERE, YOU FUCKIN' COCKSUCKER! FUCK! YOU!"

Wolf only felt his throat burn with hate. His mind, riddled with rage and foolishness, leaving nothing but a headache just from looking at the vulpine, laying on the floor, quivering, embracing for anymore drastic impacts from Wolf himself.

As the nature of Cornucopia only emitted nothing but the wind, the cackling of Fox's Arwings and both canine's pants filled the air.

For the first time in years, Fox was the only person on the floor.

_____

"Please clarify with me why we have to cancel plans for the morrow?"

"I have business to take care of. Andross' lieutenants are planning to make reserves near the outer worlds of the Deep End. Under Lylat's authoritarian coalition, I have to prevent that from happening."

"The.. The Deep End?.." Krystal's eyes widened with such discontent and fear. "The Lylat Coalition is just sending you to fate worse than death! I heard stories of those who have never came back. Who will save you if you ever falter?"